New Investors Only Meeting in Charlotte

New Investors Only Meeting in Charlotte

When:

Where:Brass Tap Patio in Charlotte NC

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Residential Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 24 votes

The second meeting will take place July 21st at 630pm! We will expand on the discussion that we had last time and feature one of our attendees who had a deal go through this weekend! Looking forward to seeing all you new investors there! 

Also- for those looking for a live stream, we will be doing that in our third meeting. Hang tight!

Matt

1Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
10y
Originally posted by @Jodi-Rae Solomon:

@Account Closed I see that you have your real estate license and that "qualifies" you to be listed as a "pro".  But my question is... what is your experience with real estate investing that qualifies you to advise a newbie?  Are you indeed a seasoned investor looking to help new people or are you new looking to get advise from others?

I'm asking because I am relatively new.... and I want to make sure that when I am getting advice I'm learning from people who have a proven track record and can put their HUD Statements behind their words. If I attend your meeting, will the only people who attend be other newbies or will there be seasoned investors there looking to share knowledge and advice?

@Jodi Rae Solomon good questions and what makes experience .I got a few huds and plenty of battle scars LOL ..Just Kidding but good point.

@matt ruggiero Curious why you would want a room full of folks with limited to no experience that would seem to defeat the purpose of meet up. Education would be very limited for those folks to learn from other folks who don't know  ( ? )

Alex

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 138 posts · 63 votes
    10y

    Thanks, @Account Closed. First meeting was a success so I'm looking forward to continuing on and meeting other folks just getting started.

    See you at the top.

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    10y
    For those that didn't join us for the first meeting, this one will also be healed at The Brass Tap in Charlotte. Thanks for posting the update Matt.
  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed I see that you have your real estate license and that "qualifies" you to be listed as a "pro".  But my question is... what is your experience with real estate investing that qualifies you to advise a newbie?  Are you indeed a seasoned investor looking to help new people or are you new looking to get advise from others?

    I'm asking because I am relatively new.... and I want to make sure that when I am getting advice I'm learning from people who have a proven track record and can put their HUD Statements behind their words. If I attend your meeting, will the only people who attend be other newbies or will there be seasoned investors there looking to share knowledge and advice?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    Hey Jodi- I am new to real estate investing but yes have my real estate license. I am not qualified to advise newbies and that is not the purpose of the meetings. There are plenty of other meetings and meetups in the Charlotte metro to go and talk with experienced investors. 

    We are trying to form a good place for new people to network and meet new people who are also trying to get into REI. I do plan on bringing in guest speakers who have experience in various fields of interest based on the needs of the group and have a few lined up for the next couple of meetings. We also want to highlight members of the group that got a deal done and learn from them.

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jodi-Rae Solomon:

    @Account Closed I see that you have your real estate license and that "qualifies" you to be listed as a "pro".  But my question is... what is your experience with real estate investing that qualifies you to advise a newbie?  Are you indeed a seasoned investor looking to help new people or are you new looking to get advise from others?

    I'm asking because I am relatively new.... and I want to make sure that when I am getting advice I'm learning from people who have a proven track record and can put their HUD Statements behind their words. If I attend your meeting, will the only people who attend be other newbies or will there be seasoned investors there looking to share knowledge and advice?

    @Jodi Rae Solomon good questions and what makes experience .I got a few huds and plenty of battle scars LOL ..Just Kidding but good point.

    @matt ruggiero Curious why you would want a room full of folks with limited to no experience that would seem to defeat the purpose of meet up. Education would be very limited for those folks to learn from other folks who don't know  ( ? )

    Alex

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.