Meet-up for Chicago Real Estate Investors

Meet-up for Chicago Real Estate Investors

When:

Where:Lincoln Park

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 1 vote

My brokerage, Kale Realty, is interested in scheduling a series of meet-ups for real estate investors in Chicago and would like to gauge the level of interest. We expect that each event would provide an opportunity not only to network with other investors, but also to discuss current market trends, common concerns, possible resolutions to those issues, and opportunities for growth. Attendance would be free of charge. Our aim is simply to provide a forum for real estate investors to exchange ideas.

Please let us know if you think you would be interested in attending such an event. If there is sufficient interest, we will plan the first meet-up and post the event under the Events and Happenings forum. I hope to get this off the ground soon and get to meet some of you. Don’t forget to connect to me as a colleague!

Sincerely,

DJ Parris

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y

@D.J. Paris III We actually had a meetup last night with about 20 investors that I thought went very well.

I can only speak for myself, I would love to attend and will always want to network and learn more about REI - but the second I hear "coaching" or "mentorship" or "wealth program" I will walk right out and never return

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @D.J. Paris III We actually had a meetup last night with about 20 investors that I thought went very well.

    I can only speak for myself, I would love to attend and will always want to network and learn more about REI - but the second I hear "coaching" or "mentorship" or "wealth program" I will walk right out and never return

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    12y
    Originally posted by @Brie Schmidt:
    @D.J. Paris III We actually had a meetup last night with about 20 investors that I thought went very well.

    I can only speak for myself, I would love to attend and will always want to network and learn more about REI - but the second I hear "coaching" or "mentorship" or "wealth program" I will walk right out and never return

    Agreed! Yeah, we're not selling anything. :) Just want to do a meetup!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 710 posts · 200 votes
    12y

    I'll stop in if I'm available. Im licensed at another brokerage but I'm familiar with Kale as your agent Eric Rojas writes a great blog on Lincoln Sq that I follow

  • Investor · Alsip, IL · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    12y
    Sounds interesting! I would attend.
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    I'd be interested to see what it's all about. Always up for information about Chicago's market and networking with other investors from the area. I agree with Brianna. Moreover, I feel like any sales pitch will definitely turn off a lot of people and they will never come back. Keeps us posted, Delfin. Thanks.

  • Homeowner · Elmwood Park, IL · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    I would be willing to stop by as well!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 319 posts · 153 votes
    12y

    That sounds great. I would like to attend as well. I totally agree @Brianna S. about the pitching. Please keep me updated on if this will actually take place. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.