Stockton Meetup Next 2 weeks! - 1/13-15 or 1/21-23

Stockton Meetup Next 2 weeks! - 1/13-15 or 1/21-23

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

I'm an investor from the East Bay, in Richmond, but am working/staying in Stockton on the dates above, and was hoping to organize a little meetup here in Stockton while I'm out here to exchange stories and info about the differences in our investments in NorCal, have some food and drink, and do some real estate networking with our nearby investors..
Mon-Wed 1/13/14 - 1/15-/14 or Tues-Thurs 1/21/14 - 1/23/14

I connected with @Erin A. on BP previously, who's coming to the East Bay meetup I organized in Oakland on 1/16 (which anyone is welcome to join, below..). I'm hoping she can make one of these dates here in Stockton and pick the date, as my only sort-of known local contact (if not, any and everyone else is still welcome, and thanks Erin!). I'm not sure how often anyone else here meets up, but it's always nice to meet local investors and network, so please jump in and post on this forum if you'd like to join.

I propose the meeting would be in the evening, after work (6pm-9ish.. or whenever?) on one of the dates above, hopefully picked by Erin if she can come! We can meet for free with plenty of room at the Residence Inn just west of I-5 off off W March Ln. Or I'm open to meeting at a restaurant or bar in Stockton if others would prefer.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!

Just in case anyone wants to join on 1/16 and is closer to the Bay, I organized another meetup in Oakland, which everyone really enjoyed last time..

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/109953-east-bay-meetup---thurs-jan-16-2014-in-oakland

I'm also going to post a few local keywords in case locals want to join in..

Stockton, Lodi, Modesto, San Andreas, Brentwood, San Joaquin Valley, Antioch, Pittsburgh (ok, maybe those last couple are stretching it.. lol)

Hoping to meet some of you soon!

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 14 votes
12y
J Martin I am interested in attending but can't commit yet. I've been looking at Stockton as a market to expand to for flips.
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 14 votes
    12y
    J Martin I am interested in attending but can't commit yet. I've been looking at Stockton as a market to expand to for flips.
  • Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 58 votes
    12y

    Hi J,

    Thanks for tagging me in the post. I'm off on Tuesdays, so the 14th or 21st would work for me. Maybe at 7pm? Let me know. Thanks!

    Erin

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Erin A. , the 14th is good with me. Having been to 2 meetups already, I still have barely talked to most people because of how many have been there. Looks like around 18-20 for the Oakland meetup. Really interested in hearing about Stockton! Have you closed yet? Been looking at some RE deals in the area, and definitely a different world out there compared to the Bay! Be sure to tag anyone else you know in the Stockton area. And PM me if you're not able to post on this forum.. They changed the meetup posts to marketplace, so might have problems if you haven't paid up yet.. PM me, and I can post it, if so.. I think you have my number too.. They serve free drinks and snacks at the Residence Inn till 7:30 if you want to keep it cheap, or we can meet up wherever in Stockton that's good (you probably know better than me!)

    @Melvin Yuen , let me know if you can make it out. If not, keep an eye out for Erin at the Oakland meetup on the 16th.. Will look forward to talking to you more about Vallejo too!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Despite what was discussed above, the Stockton meetup is next Tuesday for whoever wants to join. @Erin A. , I'll see you there. @Melvin Yuen and @Jessica Yau , post on here if you'd like to come out, or just drop in if you're in the area to check things out.. @Kyle J. , hope you can make it out. If anyone else out there is from Modesto, or maybe someone from Sacramento that commutes near the area and wants to join, please come out and meet some fellow investors!

    What: Stockton Meetup - chatting about Stockton / San Joaquin Valley and Bay Area deals, share experiences, tips, failures, etc
    When: Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 6:30PM to whenever (arriving late is fine)
    Where: Residence Inn Stockton. 3240 March Ln, Stockton, 95219
    Food & drink: Free drinks and snacks/salad until 7PM or 7:30 (can't remember how late)

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    I have a meeting in Sacramento that day around 5-6pm, but will try to attend this meetup afterwards. Hope to be able to make it.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin unfortunately I'm going to be stuck in the east bay that day. Won't be able to make it in a reasonable amount of time.

  • Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 58 votes
    12y

    Hi J,

    Got this on my calendar. See you soon!

    Erin

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 202 posts · 118 votes
    12y

    I will swing by. Where in residence inn will you be at?

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Kyle J. , @Erin A. , and @Kevin Auyong ,

    Thanks for coming out to chat it up last night! I've been curious about the San Joaquin Valley and Sacramento area. Interesting to hear about the numbers in the area, and all the other tips, tricks, ideas, analysis..

    I probably won't be scheduling any meetups in Stockton for any foreseeable future unfortunately (out here for irregular work schedule). But Kyle, I would encourage you to reach and get ahold of people in the are by searching members, or making a posting for meetup interest, and put in the names of a bunch of local cities so it shows up in locals' keyword searches.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Kyle J.
    If I wasn't working my 9-5, I'd probably get on board with doing more work on my own properties like you do. On top of being in control of what is going on, I think it can be a huge benefit in estimating rehab costs when you're looking at future fixers. I still learn a lot around the way with what I'm doing now. Someday, hopefully, I won't have to work so many w2 hours.. Good luck on all your properties, and you're welcome to join us at our monthly Oakland meetup I organize if you need an excuse to visit the city!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Erin A. ,

    Thanks for being our Stockton local and sharing everything about your recent purchase. I remember how excited I was when I first bought my 4plex! Congrats on getting your official start, after all the hard work. And again, big props to your ambition to do what it takes to get it done. I moved to somewhere I hadn't ever considered just like you, and I'm feeling optimistic about your situation! Hopefully I'll see you at the next meetup in Oakland in Feb. Will be announcing on the last meetup posting soon.. See ya!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Kevin Auyong ,

    Much like Erin and I, but to an even greater extent, I really appreciate your willingness to do what it takes to make it happen. I've always been uneasy about an out of state investment where I can't manage it, but I think moving to one of those areas would be a killer way to maximize the cash flow from the equity you have. I've always wondered why more people from the Bay don't do it.. But of course, moving is big.. Hope you can make it big there! Interested in hearing about things unfold. Keep me up to date, and hopefully will see you at the next Oakland meetup in Feb!

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 202 posts · 118 votes
    12y

    J Martin-thanks for always being the go to guy to set things up. Nice talking to you last night and freezing my @@@ off lol.

    The free food wasn't bad either.

    BTW the @ still isn't working

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.