Best way to clean soot from walls for a CO inspection

Best way to clean soot from walls for a CO inspection

Investor · Hellertown, PA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 2 votes

Can anyone recommend the best way to clean all the walls in a house that have soot marks on them?  We wiped with disinfectant & water but not sure if this was the best way. I need it to pass a CO inspection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · US · Member since 2017 · 71 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    I used to know a guy who renovated after house fires. If I remember right they would scrub the walls with dry sponges, replacing frequently, until the smoke coating came off enough to prime and paint. Never done this myself so take it for what it’s worth. I don’t know how that would have any effect on room CO though. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.