Remington Baltimore - State of Rental Market?

Remington Baltimore - State of Rental Market?

Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 24 votes

Hello BP world!

Thank you in advance for any advice on this matter. This has always been a great site to seek out advice and I’m truly in debt to you all.

So I am currently making an offer on a place in Remington that is not too far from R House. Based on my research I should he able to rent out rooms for $800. They each would have their own full bathroom. My real question is what is the rental market state in Remington? My sense is that this is somewhat quiet time because winter semester just started for JHU. Any thoughts in this matter would be appreciated!

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
5y

@Kenneth Cheston

Remington houses are pretty small in general, so if rooms are decent, rental should be easy.

I rent a 2 bedroom fully renovated on right across from R House for $1500

Around hopkins, room rental comes with good amount of turnover, just consider that as well

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    5y

    Rental market everywhere is currently very slow. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    @Russell Brazil of course. Do you own rental property in Remington?

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kenneth Cheston:

    @Russell Brazil of course. Do you own rental property in Remington?

     No, But I own throughout both metro areas, and my client base is all landlords. The situation is the same every where, very slow rental market. Expect lower rents and longer vacancies every where.

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    5y

    @Kenneth Cheston

    Remington houses are pretty small in general, so if rooms are decent, rental should be easy.

    I rent a 2 bedroom fully renovated on right across from R House for $1500

    Around hopkins, room rental comes with good amount of turnover, just consider that as well

  • Member since 2020 · 80 posts · 66 votes
    5y

    @Kenneth Cheston

    I have a two bedroom as well in Remington. It's fully renovated and I had a lot of interest even when I posted it for rent mid December. I'm only getting $1400 but the second "bedroom" is not really a true bedroom... more like a 1 bedroom with an office. I just bought it at the end of last year though so I can't say whether the ease at which I found tenants will always be true or if I just got lucky.

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    @Ozzy Sirimsi and @Gayle Melnick thank you for your input! I may message your guys about other questions if you don’t mind. Appreciate the tip.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.