Best ways to list rental properties in Atlanta

Best ways to list rental properties in Atlanta

atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes

Hi all,

we just bought our first rental property (SFH in Tucker). I know there are a ton of sites/places to list the property but wanted to see if any are better then others in this communities experience. Examples I have looked at are Zillow, Zumper, Apartments.com, and others.

If any of you have positive experiences with affordable property management tools, thats greatly appreciated as well (i.e. online applications, tenant background checks, etc.)

0Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Bethlehem, GA · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 20 votes
5y

@Riaz Salehbhai

Hi, I have used Turbotenant for the past several years. Its free marketing and application is online. They even post your listing in other sites for free.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    5y

    Hey @Riaz Salehbhai, check out Cozy (it works great and is free). It should have what you need. Also - some of the paid software though will send out your listing to all those listing sites as part of the PM software service.

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    5y

    @Riaz Salehbhai

    Zillow is best but just started charging a few months ago $9.99/week. Best leads in Atlanta to me. Cozy is great for receiving rent and was just purchased by apartments.com so I suspect they will start charging. My guess apartments.com will try to beef up their SFR rentals. Cozy listings show up on Realtor.com, but for every 50 leads I get on Zillow I get 1 on Cozy. Tucker is a hot market now for flips

  • Brian HartmanPro Member
    Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Kevin Polite we have also had great success with Zillow. New $9.99 per week charge unfortunately.

  • atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Joseph Firmin

    Thanks! I’ll check out cozy for sure.

  • atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Kevin Polite

    Great to know. Thanks and will def check out!

  • Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    Hi @Riaz Salehbhai!

    BiggerPockets has a landlord resources tab. You can find the landlord resources tab by hovering over the "tools" bar and clicking "Landlord Resources". Some of the companies on the resources page offer free forms and other resources for landlords.

    On that same Landlord Resources page there list of recommended companies for tenant screening. I would recommend doing your research and picking the company that best fits your screening needs.

    Best of luck! :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 683 posts · 317 votes
    5y

    Facebook marketplace

  • Bethlehem, GA · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    @Riaz Salehbhai

    Hi, I have used Turbotenant for the past several years. Its free marketing and application is online. They even post your listing in other sites for free.

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Avail.co.  I'm a big fan, we have 8 rental units and wouldn't know what to do without it.  It's super affordable and they syndicate the listing to like 10 or more websites.  I normally get at least 20 leads in the first 48 hours.  You can also draft your lease on their website and collect rent online.  It's a sweet deal.  Enjoy!  Kevin   

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    I've used zillow, craigslist and facebook. The last turnover I just used facebook and was successful in placing a tenant. I have a property coming available this week and I'll probably use Facebook again for that. I think that Zillow is good but don't want to pay the fees if they're not required. From my observations, people looking for housing scour lots of sites so by excluding a few venues, it doesn't mean you won't still reach those prospects.

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 119 posts · 84 votes
    5y

    With a website like Facebook, most people are already spending time here every day, so there’s a great opportunity to catch the attention of buyers/renters through a different (and hugely popular) avenue of the internet.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.