evictions moratorium-lease is up in November- what can i do ?

evictions moratorium-lease is up in November- what can i do ?

Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 0 votes

need some help bigger pockets fam, I know there is an eviction moratorium going on but my tenants have not paid rent in 5 months their lease is going to be up in November. what I am asking is if I can get them out b/c of the lease is up ? what can I do help, please

this is my first rental property started renting out my house at the end of last year they were not good tenants from the start away late. just asking what I can do   

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kim Meredith HamptonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · St Petersburg · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Michael Lloyd, we are trying to do a thirty day notice of non renewal, nothing about rent. If they stay past their notice to vacate, you could file for eviction. If they come up with a declaration, you most likely won’t be able to evict. Unfortunately, it will be up to the judge and sheriff. This crap has become ridiculous 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 38 votes
    6y

    @Michael Lloyd

    With Trump’s new CDC moratorium things just got a bit murkier until the end of December, but if your tenants are month to month you may be able to give them a 30 day notice depending on your State’s current rules. Have you thought about cash for keys? That is what I did. The way I see it, I would rather give them a month and a half of rent or even two as opposed to loosing six, seven,... months, and who knows how long the moratorium will keep getting extended.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.