Contractor · Grand Marais, MN · Member since 2016 · 249 posts · 417 votes
6y
Plan on extra time. Appliances can be hard to come by right now. I allowed 6 weeks for my new construction duplex, and barely made it. Inventory is low, and shipping can be difficult.
Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
6y
@Ashley Knodel Lowe's typically has great deals on appliances and as far as brands, whatever great deal you run into (that are known to also be of good quality) will do. Be sure to look at the warranty as well.
Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y
@Ashley Knodel Assuming you have Lowes or HD in Canada or something equivalent the cheapest appliances in our area are when those big box stores have their sales. They will definitely have one for July 4th and they have them very commonly. We typically get white or black appliances for our C class rentals and stainless steel for our B class and above rentals.
Contractor · Grand Marais, MN · Member since 2016 · 249 posts · 417 votes
6y
Plan on extra time. Appliances can be hard to come by right now. I allowed 6 weeks for my new construction duplex, and barely made it. Inventory is low, and shipping can be difficult.
Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
@Ashley Knodel I always get my appliances at Lowes. I usually get the step up from the cheapest model. Never the models with the extra whiz bang features because those are always the things that break and cost $$ to repair.
I fitted one nicer house with stainless steel, but based on the way the tenants handle them (dirty, dented, etc), I’ve decided to go with nice clean (and less expensive) white appliances.
Appliances are all built like junk these days. Make sure you can get a warranty/service plan for whatever you purchase. It's not a lot of extra money up front, and it's well worth it in 3 years when a control board breaks. You can have the board replaced for free as opposed to needing a new unit. I do appliance repair, I see some units not even last 2 years. Some even less.
Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 26 votes
6y
@Ashley Knodel
Black Friday (more like week or month) appliance bundle deals can save you a lot of money at Home Depot or Lowe's or anywhere really. I was able to buy a nice Samsung fridge, stove, dishwasher, and over the stove range for less than $2000 from Home Depot. There were other good deals for other brands then as well. Definitely shop around and try to buy around holiday deals.