Any Seasoned Investors in Reno, NV?

Any Seasoned Investors in Reno, NV?

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 2 votes

I live in Northern California, only about an hour and a half away from Reno, NV.  I have money to invest in real estate, but don't know if California is the best place to invest more money.  Is there anyone out there who has owned and operated investment property in Reno or Sparks, NV? I'm looking for a complex from about 5-10 units.  How is the general rental atmosphere for the landlord?  California has some pretty strict renter laws and ADA laws.  Are Nevada's laws similar to California?  How are the property taxes in Nevada; fair, high or low?  Just trying to start a conversation.  Thanks!

2Reply
25 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jake AndronicoBusiness Member
    Realtor · Reno, NV · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 938 votes
    2y

    @Paul Stringham

    I know this is old, but curious if you ever found anything. 

    I moved from NorCal to Reno to live and invest. In short: much more landlord friendly, property taxes do NOT reassess on the sale, and the laws are quite different. 

    Nevada has about the 4th lowest property taxes in the US. 

    I'm certainly bias but very bullish. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.