Single Family Rental in Ocean County, NJ

Single Family Rental in Ocean County, NJ

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 4 votes

I'm just getting started in rei. I'm looking at a single-family home in Lanoka Harbor, NJ. 

It's 4 bedrooms 1600K+ SF.

Does anyone know what arv I can expect?

What rents can I get in that area?

Is there a management company anyone can recommend.

1Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    Hey @Hesh Landman, I am not from the area so I can't recommend a prop management company.

    I can give you a couple of tips on how to estimate the ARV and rents in the area though.

    For ARV, go to zillow, realtor, etc. and go to recently sold properties that are in good condition. You obviously won't be able to find exactly similar houses, but by adding/subtracting for different features (more bedrooms, less sq. footage, etc), you should be able to find a reasonable estimate. There are some good articles on BP which discuss this.

    For rents, you could technically just search the web for houses that are listed for rent on zillow, craigslist, trulia, etc. You don't know that these houses will actually be rented for that amount, but again it gives you a general idea. Or you could use rentometer.com which does this for you but costs money. I believe biggerpockets is also releasing something like that soon.

    Good luck and I hope this helps!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.