Mortgage Due on the 1st!! What are you going to do?

Mortgage Due on the 1st!! What are you going to do?

Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 65 votes

I have my mortgages pulled from my bank account on the 1st of the month from my lenders. Right now I'm thinking of moving the date the money is pulled to the 15th so I can see what plan Uncle Sam comes up with. It will also give me time to see who doesn't pay the rent this month.

Any other thoughts?

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y

    @Edwin Williams  Do you have the option to change when your payments are due?  I'm keeping mine the same for now and will see what happens.

  • Real Estate Agent · Naperville, IL · Member since 2014 · 196 posts · 130 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Edwin Williams:

    I have my mortgages pulled from my bank account on the 1st of the month from my lenders. Right now I'm thinking of moving the date the money is pulled to the 15th so I can see what plan Uncle Sam comes up with. It will also give me time to see who doesn't pay the rent this month.

    Any other thoughts?

    I'm going to pay my mortgages because it is the right thing to do... if you have the means to do so.  If you aren't over leveraged and have the reserves, there should be no reason why you can't pay the mortgage.  

    Dealing with mortgage companies and banks are a pain in the rear and I'd rather not do so.  Harming your credit if your bank doesn't provide any type of deferral is going to hurt more in the long run. 

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 65 votes
    6y

    @Theresa Harris the due date is the 1st, but you don't get charged a penalty if you pay before the 15th. So my plan is to pay all on the 15th. Maybe by then I'll know which or my tenants are in trouble.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.