Looking For Reliable management company in Columbus Ohio

Looking For Reliable management company in Columbus Ohio

Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes

Hey guys, 

I currently have 8 sf properties in Columbus, Ohio and the last couple years have been a nightmare with switching from management company to management company. 

Once again, I'm on the lookout for a new company that is reliable and delivers on what they say they're doing to do. 

The current management company that I've been testing out has not done anything to the two properties I gave them, which are vacant. They said over a month ago that the locks would be changed and nothing. 

If anyone is in the Columbus area or knows of a reliable management company please let me know. Thank you. 

Joshua Zamora 

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Saint George Ks · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
8y

WOW! I am new to the Columbus area and to Bigger Pockets,  it is very reassuring to see so many people willing to help one another out.  I'm a very proud new member to the community.  If there's anything that a newbie could help out with don't hesitate to reach out.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    @Joshua Zamora    who have you already tried?

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Soskin Realty Group 

    Mohler Realty Group

    Monument Management (they're great in Cleveland, but not fully set up in Columbus yet so it's not working out)  

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Sean Dawson:

    @Joshua Zamora    who have you already tried?

     Soskin Realty Group

    Mohler Realty Group

    Monument Management (they're great in Cleveland, but not fully set up in Columbus yet so it's not working out)

    Joshua Zamora

  • Attorney · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 47 votes
    8y

    I was talking earlier this week with a Columbus area realtor about the feasibility of starting a new property management company in Columbus.  May I ask what has you most frustrated with the companies that you have used in the past?

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Michael Gefvert:

    I was talking earlier this week with a Columbus area realtor about the feasibility of starting a new property management company in Columbus.  May I ask what has you most frustrated with the companies that you have used in the past?

     it's a huge list lol 

    For starters, I'm a man of my word and expect others to be so as well. So if you say you're going to do something during a certain period of time, do it or don't say you are. 

    That's been the biggest thing apart from late payments, slow turnovers, lack of communication, letting properties just sit vacant 

  • Property Manager · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 309 posts · 275 votes
    8y

    I've literally never heard of any of those management companies, and I own a management company in Columbus and know most of the owners of the other property management companies in town. Where on earth did you dig them up? Start with a google search for "columbus property management" and talk to the top 4 or 5 results there. Most of them are decent firms.

  • Rental Property Investor · Canal Winchester Ohio · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    I know what it's like owning rentals out of state let me know if I can help i moved to cbus recently have not used a mgt company yet

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Peter Lohmann:

    I've literally never heard of any of those management companies, and I own a management company in Columbus and know most of the owners of the other property management companies in town. Where on earth did you dig them up? Start with a google search for "columbus property management" and talk to the top 4 or 5 results there. Most of them are decent firms.

     Thanks Peter. I was hoping to find someone via word of mouth and experience working with a specific company. I'll have a look at the Google results though. 

    I'd be open to speaking with you about your services as well. 

  • Saint George Ks · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    WOW! I am new to the Columbus area and to Bigger Pockets,  it is very reassuring to see so many people willing to help one another out.  I'm a very proud new member to the community.  If there's anything that a newbie could help out with don't hesitate to reach out.

  • Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 731 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Joshua Zamora:

    Hey guys, 

    I currently have 8 sf properties in Columbus, Ohio and the last couple years have been a nightmare with switching from management company to management company. 

    Once again, I'm on the lookout for a new company that is reliable and delivers on what they say they're doing to do. 

    The current management company that I've been testing out has not done anything to the two properties I gave them, which are vacant. They said over a month ago that the locks would be changed and nothing. 

    If anyone is in the Columbus area or knows of a reliable management company please let me know. Thank you. 

    Joshua Zamora 

    Joshua, I sent you a direct message.  We can help you solicit good quality property managers in Columbus.

  • Real Estate Agent · Dublin, OH · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Joshua Zamora I understand the frustration! We are testing a property management company for a 16 unit we own in Heath, Ohio and it's been nothing but excuses and vacant properties. And zero communication from them. I would love to chat more about the subject. Sending you a direct message. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.