Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Silvestri
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Shavertown, PA
Votes |
One tenant doesn’t want to fill out app!

Matthew Silvestri
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Shavertown, PA
Posted
Hey everyone! So I have an apartment up for rent that I showed to a nice couple a few days ago. After the showing I sent the woman the link to fill out the app and she did but the partner didn’t. I emailed back saying everyone over 18 that will be living there needs to fill out an app and she proceeds to say that everything will be in her name and the partner will not be there often, therefore the partner will not need to be on the lease. This sends up obvious red flags to me about the partners past but I really do not know what my options are here since they could argue the partner just went to see the place with her! Has anyone been in this predicament? If so what are my options? I would say it’s clear they are both going to be staying there. Can I say that she’s lying? Help!!! Any information would be appreciated. I just want everything the be clear and don’t want to worry about the neighbors having an issue (it is a small multi family) while staying legal! Thanks!

Loading replies...