Help Locating a Kentucky Lease for New Renta Property

Help Locating a Kentucky Lease for New Renta Property

Louisville, KY · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hi BP! My husband and I recently purchased our first rental property! Now we need a Kentucky lease that is up to date with state laws. Any suggestions on where I can find an appropriate lease for our new tenants?

Thank you!

Autumn 

0Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 601 votes
    8y

    @Autumn Shutt congrats on your first investment property purchase! You should check with your local REIA and see if they have one that you are allowed to download and use. BP is also working on that feature for KY but sounds like you may need it sooner. A lease is a very important part of landlording and it is smart for you to start with one that is KY specific. Just keep in mind this document is something you are always updating so keep a digital file handy.

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Louisville, KY · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thank you Jim, this is very helpful!!

  • Mark S.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes
    8y

    @Autumn Shutt, I would imagine Nolo might have state specific templates.  Not sure, though, as I buy out of state turnkey and my property manager handles all that.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, MA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Congrats @Autumn Shutt !

    Biggerpockets provides state-specific lease agreements, I don't know how much it is but I know if you are a Pro-member you get it for free. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/landlord-forms

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.