Can you store Vinyl Plank in an unheated garage?

Can you store Vinyl Plank in an unheated garage?

Investor · Monroe, WI · Member since 2015 · 691 posts · 610 votes
I'm looking to purchase alot of vinyl plank this weekend while its on sale. I don't have an immediate need for it but when tenants move, I will use it up. Would storing it in my unheated garage be a bad idea? I know it can expand and contract but since they'll still be in the boxes, will it hurt the flooring?
0Reply
169 views

Most Popular Reply

Patrick LiskaPro Member
Investor · Verona, NJ · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
8y

that material is stored in unheated warehouses all the time, you can store it in the garage. as @Brad L. mentioned just let it acclimate for a couple of days in the house before installing it.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Post Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 606 posts · 699 votes
    8y

    We move our paint into heated storage for the winter (Northern Idaho), but we have stored glue strip Allure in an unheated shop without any problem.    Happy shopping!

  • Rental Property Investor · Manitowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 178 posts · 186 votes
    8y
    You’ll just need to let it acclimate to the environment in the house for around 48-72 hours before you intend to install it.
  • Investor · Monroe, WI · Member since 2015 · 691 posts · 610 votes
    8y
    Thanks guys! I obviously didn't want to come back a year or so later to find it was ruined.
  • Patrick LiskaPro Member
    Investor · Verona, NJ · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    8y

    that material is stored in unheated warehouses all the time, you can store it in the garage. as @Brad L. mentioned just let it acclimate for a couple of days in the house before installing it.

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    How did it work out Samantha? I know this is four years later. I am in same situation. The flooring i have coming today is Lifeproof and at 3.48 ft not wanting to store it and have it ruined. But I have little space otherwise. -Tamm

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.