Mowing lawn in the evening/night. Big deal?

Mowing lawn in the evening/night. Big deal?

Realtor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 227 posts · 35 votes
Is it a big deal if I cut the grass when I get off work in the evening? I was wondering if it would be annoying to the tenants or the neighbors to hear the lawn mower in the evening. It would be about 7:00-7:30pm when I start cutting. I was going to wait until Tuesday. I'll be off and could cut around noontime, but the grass is fairly high and I want to show the tenants that I'm on my job.
0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2017 · 99 posts · 86 votes
9y

I think it's fantastic you are being that considerate. 7-7:30 seems like a completely reasonable hour to me, and as a tenant that would be far preferable to me over an early morning mow time! 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rockaway, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    that time would not bother me and i would have no problem doing it
  • Real Estate Investor · Williamson County, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 961 votes
    9y
    So nice of you to be considerate! I have only heard complaints about early morning mowing. Most kids are up until dark...if not, they are young enough to drop off with all kinds of racket going on.
  • Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2017 · 99 posts · 86 votes
    9y

    I think it's fantastic you are being that considerate. 7-7:30 seems like a completely reasonable hour to me, and as a tenant that would be far preferable to me over an early morning mow time! 

  • Investor · Burbank, IL · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 21 votes
    9y
    Word of advice, outsource lawn mowing once you grow. It's fine if you started off and want to save some money, but as you grow and build a portfolio it's not worth it. You can spend that time with finding new deals or more importantly with family. For the time being, cutting the lawn at 7 will be fine. In my area noise complaints can be only filed between 10pm and 7am, that's when I wouldn't cut grass.
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    Everyone that works a day job cuts their grass in the evening. No reason you should be any different. Doubt anyone would care.

    It's good to be considerate but do not let it make your life difficult. Tenants will never give you credit for being considerate, the only thing tenants ever notice is the negatives.

  • Realtor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 227 posts · 35 votes
    9y
    I appreciate the responses. I thought this might've been a dumb question but since I'm new to this I wanted to be considerate and aware of appropriate times to cut the lawn.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.