What is the most cost effective way to remove mold from AC vents,

What is the most cost effective way to remove mold from AC vents,

Hallandale, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes

I found out that I may have mold in the air conditioning vents in my condo, never having to deal with this before I'm at loss how to proceed with  mold removal. To complicate the matter I'm putting the property for sales but at loss where to start with cleaning vents from mold / mildew. Any suggestion from a member who dealt with similar problem and have cost effective solution would be appreciated.  Also if someone who dealt with this issue   in south Florida and could PM me reliable service name that can remove mold from AC vents. I'm in Hallandale Beach on border of Broward and Dade counties.

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Have you tried calling some reliable AC people yet? 

  • Hallandale, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Seems AC people don't get involved with mold/mildew , mold remediation wants to take me through very expensive process of initial testing ..... devising a removal process.... re testing  etc. I'm at loss where to proceed from here, just trying to locate AC technician who can do the job and want cost an arm and a leg. 

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Mike X. This is a fairly common problem in high humidity areas - often it is caused by a hole in the ducting somewhere. I have always just replaced all the ducting rather than trying to clean it if it is in an accessible area, as mold shouldn't grow in there unless there's another issue, which cleaning won't solve. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.