Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hello,
Anyone with experience in investing in Galveston beach side condos. Looking to see if anyone can provide from experience rental income potential from these condos so I can run some numbers. I am specifically looking at Seascape condos but welcome comments on nearby other condos as well.
Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 219 votes
10y
Good morning,
The majority of condos for rent here in Galveston are done through vacation rentals. There are a handful that do long term but there is typically more money to be made through short term. The numbers are going to vary based on if you personally manage the property or have a professional company do so. I'd be happy to give you the contact information for our vacation rental manager if you'd like to discuss the pros and cons of each complex. I also have contacts at other agencies who could manage it if you're interested in going that route. Just send me a PM and I will send you the information. If you're interested in going to see any of the properties, I'll gladly take you to see them. Hope that helps! Have a great day!
Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 219 votes
10y
Good morning,
The majority of condos for rent here in Galveston are done through vacation rentals. There are a handful that do long term but there is typically more money to be made through short term. The numbers are going to vary based on if you personally manage the property or have a professional company do so. I'd be happy to give you the contact information for our vacation rental manager if you'd like to discuss the pros and cons of each complex. I also have contacts at other agencies who could manage it if you're interested in going that route. Just send me a PM and I will send you the information. If you're interested in going to see any of the properties, I'll gladly take you to see them. Hope that helps! Have a great day!
Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 11 votes
10y
Hi JN--Galveston is a good value market both for condos and single family homes. Do your research on any HOA that you are buying into with a condo, as there may be deferred maintenance that will pop up and represent an increase in HOA fees that impact your profitability. I work with a management company and can offer detailed projections for short term rentals, so do PM me if you would like more information.
Rental Property Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 5 votes
10y
Hi JN, I USED to be highly involved with seascape condos working for the rental company onsite ABSea in 2008 the one bedrooms properly setup and good location could get between high 20k to low 40k. I would call Kelsey at 4097401245 and ask him directly he is very nice to deal woth and he owns both the rental company onsitw as well as some condos there. Seascape is a great property! Good luck