I need a company to pull a tenant background and credit report

I need a company to pull a tenant background and credit report

hailey, ID · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote

I am a landlord with 1 unit.  I am looking for company that will allow me to pull Tenant credit and eviction history reports.

I used to use Kroll Factual Data.  Since I didn't pull for 1 yr, they closed the account and stated they no longer take landlord accounts.

I can not find any other company that lets me input the tenants information and social security number based on a signed application and pull the report.

0Reply
7 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    10y

    I use resident rearch. It is about $25 to run criminal, eviction and credit.

    They have a good free rental application on their website.

    There is no annual fee so you just pay when you need to run a report.

    Have tenant pay an application fee to cover this expense.

    John

  • Brownstown, MI · Member since 2014 · 344 posts · 98 votes
    10y

    We use mysmartmove.com through this website.

    You can have the tenant pay directly from their side, so they don't feel like you're making money on their application.  The website then provides you directly with their background check, credit report, criminal and evictions, and their own recommendation rating.

  • Architect · Papillion, NE · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 840 votes
    10y

    I use this for my one rental unit.  It had a nice printable pdf.

    https://www.tenantbackgroundsearch.com/

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 105 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    I've used MyRental. They allow you to chose from a  variety of screening reports and services. You can pick to purchase single reports or  bundled packages, without set-up fees.

    Some of the services include renter eviction history, background search reports and tenant credit score.

    http://www.myrental.com/

  • Property Manager · Cumming, GA · Member since 2015 · 261 posts · 199 votes
    10y

    For people who don't need full property management from us, I send them over to easerentalsolutions.com   Its free to Landlords and Realtors because the tenant pays for the screening service.    

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.