Votes
Denayer Burns
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Additional Streams of Income

Denayer Burns
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Sep 10 2014, 18:40

Wondering if anyone has found or offers any type of continuity programs to their renters to create additional streams of income?  If so, please explain.

User Stats

Votes
Dwight Crocker
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Mar 9 2015, 12:26

I have a great way to generate additional income if you have property in a deregulated electric market.   You can act as an affiliate with Ambit Energy and receive a commission each month your tenants pay their electric bill.  You don't make a lot but over time it can add up, especially if you have several units.  Texas, California, New York, and Illinois are their bigger markets but they are in some of the smaller states in the northeast.  

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Mar 9 2015, 12:51

the problem with "providing and charging" for extras is when they break down. if they have no internet at 10pm, will you answer the call and instruct them on how to reset the router?

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Amit G.
  • Investor
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Replied Jan 24 2017, 18:58

My first post here. I recently came across BP by accident but got hooked instantly. I am not sure if its a good suggestion and applies to all kind of investment properties or not, but I have always had this thought of offering cleaning services to tenants (split between investor and tenant). Serves the purpose of keeping your house maintained and if you can negotiate with cleaning company, you can make some profit from it.

User Stats

Votes
Larry Malone
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied Jun 3 2017, 17:28

Amit, that sounds like a reasonable method. I too am hooked on this forum and podcast. Lots of great info. Another way would be to refer tenets to services they need such as electricity  or natural gas. I have found something that is generating a nice residual income while providing value to the customer (usually lower prices). Lots of ways to provide value and benefit.