Anyone done an eviction lately in San Jose? How long did it take?

Anyone done an eviction lately in San Jose? How long did it take?

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 19 votes

I'm helping a friend do an eviction at one of his properties. He's considering cash for keys, I am trying to convince him to evict. How long does it take to get a court date if all notices have been filed (and ignored)?

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chad HalePro Member
    Property Manager / Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 779 posts · 301 votes
    3y

    @Max McNally  Evictions used to take 4-8 weeks, now they are taking 2-4 months.

    If going the eviction route, best to use an attorney there are too many places to misstep in CA.

    I know an owner that did an eviction themselves and it dragged on several months due to small mistakes, like improper service for example and starting over.

    I recommend Todd Rothbard https://toddrothbardlaw.com/

    They do flat fee evictions.

    No interest in them ...

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    Thanks @Chad Hale, I messaged them. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.