Anyone doing Section 8 in Jackson,MS / other options to investing in Jackson?

Anyone doing Section 8 in Jackson,MS / other options to investing in Jackson?

Gloria GrotjanPro Member
Investor · Aptos, CA · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 9 votes

2 part question....

What other cities in MS are good for long term rentals besides Jackson? having issues keeping reliable tenants and have changed property mgmt companies 3 times now.   Would be interested in feedback from other landlords in the area if have looked at Section 8 as a better alternative for tenants or is this problematic as well?

Thanks in advance.

0Reply
81 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    2y

    @Gloria Grotjan just curious why didn't you try to do section 8 to begin with?  Way more lucative and guaranteed money from the government.  I'm actually looking in Jackson, MS for a section 8 rental currently.

    • Member since 2026 · 1 post · 0 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Steve Meyers:

      @Gloria Grotjan just curious why didn't you try to do section 8 to begin with?  Way more lucative and guaranteed money from the government.  I'm actually looking in Jackson, MS for a section 8 rental currently.

      Hey guys.  I’m a contractor in Jackson ms. We do turns. Make ready maintenance. Very well familiar with HUD housing ect.  Premier services 601-609-6175.    Plumbing electrical hvac gas certified 
  • Trey GuerieriPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Gloria,

    Do you still own real estate in the Jackson, MS market? If so, I'd love to connect as I own a property management company called Helix and have over 18 years of experience investing and managing in this market. Hope all is well.
    Thanks,
    Trey Guerieri

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.