• Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
Chicago 2023 Residential Lease PDF

K Kniewel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Posted Apr 4 2023, 10:27

Hello. Does anyone have a Chicago 2023 Residential Lease PDF they can share? Thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Apr 5 2023, 05:15
Quote from @K Kniewel:

Hello. Does anyone have a Chicago 2023 Residential Lease PDF they can share? Thanks in advance.

Legal contracts created by REALTOR associations are copyrighted and only for REALTOR member use. This is probably true in every state. That's why so many REALTORS will share it via a DM instead of posting it publicly. They are in violation of copyright law and shouldn't do it.

This is straight from the Chicago Association of REALTORS website:

A reminder that the Chicago Residential Lease, and all of CAR’s forms and contracts, are an exclusive member benefit for use only by Chicago Association of REALTORS® members or those who are party to a transaction facilitated by a Chicago Association of REALTORS® member. Distributing or posting any of CAR’s forms and contracts is a copyright infringement and a violation of the terms of use of our forms.

User Stats

Votes
Adriel Cisneros
  • Investor
  • Miami
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Miami
Replied May 4 2023, 06:09

@Nathan Gesner great observation and thanks for the helpful tip.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Adriel Cisneros
  • Investor
  • Miami
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Miami
Replied May 7 2023, 07:44

@K Kniewel Just to clarify - were you referring to Chicago specifically or Cook County? 

I was not immediately aware there may be a difference. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 31 2023, 08:33

Sorry for the late post to this message but can somebody send me the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease which is by Chicago Association of REALATORS?  I am a landlord and have been using this lease for the past 5 years.  Thank you.  

User Stats

Votes
Brie Schmidt
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jul 31 2023, 13:57
Quote from @William Blasko:

Sorry for the late post to this message but can somebody send me the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease which is by Chicago Association of REALATORS?  I am a landlord and have been using this lease for the past 5 years.  Thank you.  

You will need to ask your agent, the leases are copywritten now and cannot be shared outside of CAR members

Second City Real Estate Logo