How to guarantee a tax planner is the right fit?

How to guarantee a tax planner is the right fit?

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 29 votes

I have a consultation with a tax planner coming up early this week. How can I ensure they have the right experience to help a real estate investor? 

What are some traits I should look out for? More importantly what are some of the best screening questions I could ask?


thanks! 

2Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 941 votes
3y
Quote from @Parker Robertson:

I have a consultation with a tax planner coming up early this week. How can I ensure they have the right experience to help a real estate investor? 

What are some traits I should look out for? More importantly what are some of the best screening questions I could ask?


thanks! 


"Do you own rental properties" "What do you do with your rental properties" "How are you structuring your real estate investments".

If they don't own real estate investments I'd find another.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 888 votes
    3y

    @Parker Robertson you can't. But ask what kind of work they do, and what type of clients they deal with. Let them know a goals, and see if they can offer a plan you like to reach them.

    Also you don't need the best starting out just need better than where you are at. Write down questions and make sure you ask them, but don't cut them off. You can learn more by listening then talking. Open ended questions and theory questions will be better than yes or no.

    Also great forms on these if you search.

    Cheers!

  • Accountant · Franklin, TN · Member since 2023 · 204 posts · 91 votes
    3y
    Ask for some referrals and check out content that the planner has posted. You will get a feel for the personality, culture, fit, etc. I look forward to seeing responses to this as we are tax strategists and planners.
  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 941 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Parker Robertson:

    I have a consultation with a tax planner coming up early this week. How can I ensure they have the right experience to help a real estate investor? 

    What are some traits I should look out for? More importantly what are some of the best screening questions I could ask?


    thanks! 


    "Do you own rental properties" "What do you do with your rental properties" "How are you structuring your real estate investments".

    If they don't own real estate investments I'd find another.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.