Just Opened My First Business Bank Account, what should I do next?

Just Opened My First Business Bank Account, what should I do next?

Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 9 votes

My goal is to get more lines of credit to one day use for my property expenses and let my cash flow pay of the debt. Eventually potentially use to invest in more real estate. Any other recommendations would be great. 

Thank you! 

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Greg ScottPro Member
Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
3y

Honestly, you will get a much bigger payback by focusing on your real estate itself, finding good deals, running your properties correctly, and selling when the opportunity is right.

Early in my investing career I bought a cheap program on how to build lines of credit by creating an LLC and running business transactions through it. After several years, the amount I could borrow was a pittance compared to cash my real estate was kicking off.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Honestly, you will get a much bigger payback by focusing on your real estate itself, finding good deals, running your properties correctly, and selling when the opportunity is right.

    Early in my investing career I bought a cheap program on how to build lines of credit by creating an LLC and running business transactions through it. After several years, the amount I could borrow was a pittance compared to cash my real estate was kicking off.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    That's not a goal, that strategy will propel you to your goal. Think about what you will look like in 10 years. 

  • Andrew FreedBusiness Member
    Investor · Worcester, MA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Manuel Moreno Jr - I utilized home lines of credit (HELOCs) to buy cash flowing multifamily. But why would you pay down debt that you're borrowing at 2-6% when you can arbitrage those funds into assets that kick off a 8-12% return? That has been my strategy, arbitraging lines of credit into higher returning assets. Essentially, the same thing hedge funds do. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.