Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 13 votes
Hello! This is my first time filing taxes for a Rental Property. I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good CPA who works with real estate investors in the Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids Michigan Area. Any help is appreciated.
Dan Callaghan with Callaghan Public Accounting is local in Kalamazoo and is and great. He works with a lot of RE investors and gave a good presentation at the Kzoo REIA recently on tax advantages, cash flow, etc.
Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 13 votes
4y
Thanks for the reply @Daniel Hyman. I've been searching for awhile and there are so many options I honestly have no idea how to narrow it down. I'm hoping someone has a CPA they use or have used that they can recommend to help me narrow things down.
Accountant · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 213 posts · 66 votes
4y
@Charyl J. I have had a number of people get analysis paralysis on finding CPAs, real estate agents etc
Bigger pockets is a very good place to start as you're very likely to be talking to someone who specializes in real estate. My advice, take five CPAs give them a call and of those who return your call work with the one you feel the best with and is in your price range.
The great option could be going on extension as then you don't have to worry about this and you also won't be calling CPS during their busy time
Dan Callaghan with Callaghan Public Accounting is local in Kalamazoo and is and great. He works with a lot of RE investors and gave a good presentation at the Kzoo REIA recently on tax advantages, cash flow, etc.