Midtown KC - Occupied Duplex on Quiet Residential Street

HavePropertiesResidentialDuplex
Classifieds

Midtown KC - Occupied Duplex on Quiet Residential Street

Residential Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Duplex for sale in the Central Hyde Park neighborhood of midtown Kansas City, Missouri. Close to UMKC, Westport, the Plaza, Power & Light District (downtown), the Crossroads, Martini Corner, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Saint Luke's Hospital, Academie Lafayette (Cherry Campus), Foreign Language Academy, and more. Great central location in a historic residential neighborhood, primarily of single-family homes. Very close to bus lines on Armour, Troost, or 39th Street.

  • Fully occupied with quiet, responsible tenants in good standing
  • Currently rented for well under market value. Recommend charging $850 for the 2-bed and $550 for the 1-bed for a total of $1,400/month and an 8% cap rate.
  • Landlord currently pays the water utility at a cost of approx $100/month
  • Shared laundry room on site
  • Garbage disposals in both units
  • Private driveway parking; no problem finding space on the street as well
  • No basement. Shed at the back of the property is not in use.
  • Built in 1955
  • Total square footage is 1,817
  • Annual taxes are +/- $1,738.00

Please note: There is NO central A/C. Tenants have always been content with window air conditioning units and it has not been a problem.

The larger 2-bed unit has carpeted bedrooms and bamboo hardwoods in the living room with big windows and lots of light. The 1-bed unit has carpet and is cozy and clean. We have great long-term tenants in place but we need to sell. Please don't disturb the tenants. Contact me directly for more information and pictures. 

Call or text: 816-721-8047

Email: [email protected]

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Lee RipmaPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
What's the asking price?
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    What's the asking price?
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I'm sorry, Lee, I'm so confused by this Marketplace. Why doesn't it show you the price? I'm looking for $150,000. Since you're not in KC, I'd like to emphasize the location to you. A lot of KC properties are super cheap but in terrible areas. I used to be a licensed agent here and I know the area well. Let me know if you'd like more information. Thanks ~

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Thanks Rachel,

    I'm familiar with that area and agree that it is very nice. There are many locations that I wouldn't want to own in (I own in North KC). I look for value-add investments but I'll share the opportunity with anyone who wants buy and hold rentals. 

    Best, 

    Lee

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Hi @Rachel Nodland, I just sent you an email. This property is near where I live and I'm interested in learning more about it. Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.