Need funds available for investing in flip

HaveFinancingPrivate Money
Classifieds

Need funds available for investing in flip

Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hi!  I am currently working with a mentor/partner to help me with flipping properties and we are trying to buy properties at sheriff's sales.  I have been a realtor for 15 years and understand the value of homes and what is needed to make them sell.  My partner has been flipping for over thirty years and is married to a general contractor so we have that going for us.  My cash flow is comparatively low, but I have enough to come up with 10% and to do work on properties in sheriff sales.  I need to know I am preapproved for a loan or even line of credit so I can feel confident that I won't lose my 10% should I make a bid on a property and win the bid.  I will need to (in some cases) come up with the balance of the sale price within 21 days and other cases in 10 days.  I keep hearing from hard money lenders that they can't "preapprove" me unless they know the property info.  I understand the need for the property info but am in need of someone to tell me that based on my credit and salary that they would lend if the property was a good purchase.  If they are willing to do that, I would then like to know how long the process is when I do purchase a property.  How long once the lender knows the property in question will it take for them to lend the money if they are going to do so?

1Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Hilo, HI · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Yea catch 22 it seems I too look out for properties at auctions and sheriff sales. I have not found a company to do the pre-approval process with. However your hunt maybe easier if your partner would be willing to go through the pre-approval process with you. My Hang up with 2 of the companies was the lack of direct experience..i.e. I never completed a flip. I would love to hear if you come across any worth while companies. 

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 278 posts · 78 votes
    9y

    @Jean Holley @Rasheema Abduls-Salaam

    Typically it takes 7-10 business days to close a loan with a Hard Money Lender. Sometimes we can provide and lend up to 90% of Purchase price and 100% of Rehab costs, so long as the Purchase and Rehab is less than 70% of ARV. Also, having 3 successful fix and flips is a plus.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.