Looking at Property in St. Petersburg

Looking at Property in St. Petersburg

Investor · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 7 votes

I am coming down to St. Petersburg this week to look at some houses that I can buy as a second home (I live in NJ) and then rent out and do repeat. I currently have rentals in NJ but I am looking for other areas of the U.S. where I can spend my winters.

If you are an investor in this area and don't mind meeting up with another like minded investor to offer some advice, please send me a PM. Thanks

1Reply
4 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Barnegat, NJ · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Hi Joseph.  I highly recommend @Jeff Copeland for this area.  I am from Barnegat, NJ myself, and I literally just purchased a rental property with Jeff in the Tampa area.  He is extremely knowledgeable about St. Petersburg, especially.  Jeff is an awesome resource for information, and he is also a jack of all trades--providing realtor services as well as property management.  Less than a week after closing we are already in the process of placing my first tenant at full listing price.  It is an extremely competitive market right now, and there is no way I would have been able to lock down this property without Jeff's quick actions and expertise.  If you have any other questions at all, feel free to reach out to me.

  • Investor · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Thanks Steve I will be sure to reach out to him.

    Curious if you are investing in NJ as well?

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y
    JOSEPH DELISI I'm in Minneapolis and hope to do the same thing eventually! Good luck!
  • Investor · Barnegat, NJ · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    @JOSEPH DELISI Aside from owning my primary home I don't have any properties in NJ.  I would have loved to focus on a more local area, but I've just had trouble finding deals that made sense, particularly with the high property taxes in our area. I'm sure they're around, I just haven't had that luck. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 127 votes
    9y

    Joseph, 

    My specialty is income producing properties. Depending on the amount you're looking to spend, and the return you're looking to attain, I can usually dig up something.

    Feel free to give me a call!

    -Ben

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.