Mentor / Joint Venture / Partnership for Flipping in Maryland

HaveService
Classifieds

Mentor / Joint Venture / Partnership for Flipping in Maryland

Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and I am on my way to becoming a full time investor (starting out with flipping and eventually moving into buy and hold). I have read multiple books, listened to many podcasts (thanks BP!). I have attended a REIA meeting and plan to attend many more.

I have a great paying job, great credit, and about $60K in cash. Ideally, I would love to find an experienced flipper to learn the business from and I would be willing to help them out anyway that I could...be that with my time or money.

Is there any one interested in mentoring or partnering with me?  I currently haven't begun seriously  searching for deals yet (so I currently can contribute bin that area) but I have time and cash I would be willing to contribute in any way other that I could..

Joe

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
10y

Start forging relationships. Network network network. Attend more.meetups and reias. What areas do you want to flip and hold in? Thats where you need to start putting in face time. There's the bwi meetup, mareia, baltimore reia, spirits west lunch on Fridays.. all local people and alot of them are on BP. That's how I got started. Amazingly I have these people happy to work with me but it didn't happen by me just asking. You can do it!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    10y

    Start forging relationships. Network network network. Attend more.meetups and reias. What areas do you want to flip and hold in? Thats where you need to start putting in face time. There's the bwi meetup, mareia, baltimore reia, spirits west lunch on Fridays.. all local people and alot of them are on BP. That's how I got started. Amazingly I have these people happy to work with me but it didn't happen by me just asking. You can do it!

  • Glen Burnie, MD · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Joe Graham, Welcome to BP.

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Christina R. Thanks for the advice. I will be attending 2 more local REI meet ups this week. In terms of areas I am looking to flip homes in Howard, Anne Arundel, and southern Baltimore county but that is not set in stone. I realize I am unknown quantity at this point and I am not looking for short cuts, I will be putting in the work. I just thought I might offer up some of my resources, time and money which could be beneficial to a seasoned investor in exchange for being a part of the process and getting some real life experience. I look forward to meeting you in person at one of the local meet ups.

    Joe

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    10y

    Looking forward to meeting you too.  You'll find the hardest part is not finding the money, but finding the deal.  Usually the mentoring comes with the money as investors don't like to flush it down the proverbial toilet, lol.  

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    @Joe Graham welcome to BP.  Going to REIAs and Meetup groups is a great idea. One of my favorites because they have a lot of real deal makers at the meeting is the BWI meetup. (google it) 

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Ned Carey Thanks for the recommendation Ned!

    Joe

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.