Florida NPN Accredited JV Partner Wanted

WantFinancingPrivate Money
Classifieds

Florida NPN Accredited JV Partner Wanted

Bill B.Pro Member
Camarillo, CA · Member since 2013 · 217 posts · 86 votes

Hello,

I've found a non-performing note in Fort Pierce, Florida. I have NOT purchased the note. I'm looking for an accredited investor willing to enter into a JV that will purchase this note.

ARV of the collateral securing the note is $65,000.

My own work, and an AVM, confirm the ARV of $65,000. I have a full BPO ordered that should report on Tuesday. UPB is over $90,000.

Total Costs to purchase, hold, service, pay back taxes (if needed) are $31,000.

I'm seeking $26,000 from the accredited JV partner.  I will provide $5,000 in workout costs.  The JV partner will receive 70% of net proceeds after all costs to purchase, hold, service, work out, and exit the investment are paid in full. 

As-Is CMV is approximately $40,000. (If the exit is a FC and sale to a rehabber.) Assuming a sale at CMV of $40,000, and Total Costs of $31,000 yields Gross Profit of $9,000.   

70% of a $9,000 Projected Profit is $6,300, divided by a $26,000 investment yields 24% to the investor. 

The return noted above cannot be guaranteed. It is based on projections and could be lower, or higher. There is risk in all investments, this one included.

Thank you for your time, attention, and consideration.

0Reply
2 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill B.Pro Member
    OP
    Camarillo, CA · Member since 2013 · 217 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    OK.  I'm learning.  No takers on this so far after seventy views. 

    Was it the presentation? Did I leave basic questions unanswered? Is it that the dollars are too small? The ROI not high enough? If this is not a deal, what would make it a deal?

    I need to make this go and this is the best note I've found out of hundreds I've reviewed.  I always heard that money will flow to good deals.  I thought this was a good deal.  If I was incorrect, I need some help to understand what I've missed so that I do not waste all of your time, and also my own.

    Any schooling that can be offered would be most appreciated.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    Well, a $9k gross spread can evaporate easily, doesn't matter what "% of costs" that represents.  What is the Actual note purchase price, as opposed to "$31k total for note, holding costs, taxes, etc"?  What are the Actual back taxes, including 2015, owed now? Has foreclosure started, are there any junior liens, code enforcement issues, etc.?

  • Bill B.Pro Member
    OP
    Camarillo, CA · Member since 2013 · 217 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    @Wayne Brooks Thank you for your reply!

    The max purchase price is $21,000 max.  I'd offer less.

    Total back taxes from the County Website are $4,123.  These represent 2012, 2013 and 2014 taxes.  The 2012 taxes are the greatest exposure.  They were paid with a certificate and that certificate holder can now apply for title.  That has not yet been done, and the clerk assured me that if the application was made today for title, the process would take until some time in October.  Paying $1,415 to cover the 2012 taxes would take this issue off the table.....and leave $2,708 ($4,123 less $1,415) in reserve.  I've included the entire $4,123 to be conservative.

    There are no junior mortgages.

    There is one lien for $578 

    The remaining $5,299 would cover holding, servicing, and misc costs; total costs are estimated at $31,000.

    An ARV of $65,000 is reasonable based on my own research and on an AVM. I have a full BPO on order to confirm.

    The house is in need of repair. Selling to a fix and flipper at 65% of ARV calculated to a sale price of $42,250. My previous post used the sellers CMV of $40,000. Using $42,250 is still a conservative CMV, so I'll use that for the rest of this post. Also, I'm working with a local realtor to confirm CMV, in addition to the BPO mentioned above.

    An exit at $42,250 (conservative), less max costs of $31,000 (also conservative) yields profit of $11,250. Seventy percent of those profits going to my JV partner equals $7,875 or 25.4% to the investor.

    I've estimated all numbers conservatively with the intention of under promising so as to "hit the mark" or over deliver.  That said, and as I've already stated freely, I'm not an expert......yet.......working hard on it though......

    Due Diligence reveals that this was probably a newbie investor that got burned big time in the recession.  Specifically, the same people have at least one other property in the area that is also in trouble.  My thought is that they would jump at a DIL.  But, I could be wrong.

    Wayne, I'd appreciate any other comments, or, better yet, a willing JV partner.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    A couple of quick observations; 2015 taxes and part of 2016 will be payable if you're starting foreclosure.  Foreclosure will be $2000 or so, 6 months or so if uncontested, and any money in there for property insurance?

    The "rehabber value" by the way, is 65% of ARV, Less The Costs Of Repairs, to get it to ARV (not just 65% of ARV). So if there's $15k in repairs, Rehabber purchase price is around $27k. Remember, ARV is an irrelevant number in this scenario, except that it helps you back into the current FMV, which seems to be around $30k, purely guessing on rehab numbers.

  • Bill B.Pro Member
    OP
    Camarillo, CA · Member since 2013 · 217 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    @Wayne Brooks

    Thank you.

    I'm embarrassed by my having left the repairs out of the calculation.  I know better than that.  The offer on this note is dropping quickly.  

    Again, I appreciate your time and effort.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    No sweat.  Also be aware, Ft Pierce has some real sh$t hole areas too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.