Any mentors hiring? I need to transform my life!

Any mentors hiring? I need to transform my life!

New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 114 posts · 20 votes

I'm not getting the chance to properly put my thoughts down because of the 9 to 5 job.  Yes, it's that bad.  So I'm just throwing this out there: are there any mentors out there that have built up a large enough organization that they need or have been hiring office personnel?

Circumstances are forcing me to consider a career change and I am seriously looking at real estate investing as an option.  Realistically, I am going to need a job to hold me over till I figure out specific strategies for myself.  And working directly for an investor seems like an obvious idea.  Willing to consider moving to another state.  I am writing this post on the job and i feel that at any minute I can get into trouble.  I will be leaving this job soon.

All ideas and suggestions welcome.  

If this post is in the wrong place can someone move it?

Thanks all.

0Reply
1 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 755 posts · 462 votes
    11y

    I'm not sure I'd apply for a new job by telling

    new potential employers that I was applying

    while on work time of my current job 

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 114 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    Then how should I do this?  I am about to quit this job.  I have worked here for over 10 years.  It has come to the point where I need to make a change.  it has come to a point where I need to make a change!

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 332 posts · 288 votes
    11y

    @Conway Churaman

     what value can you offer an existing investor?  How would hiring you make my (or another investor's) life easier / more efficient / etc? What skills and experience do you have?

    No one is going to hire you because you need to make a change.  Someone may hire you if you have something to offer.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 114 posts · 20 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Conway Churaman

     what value can you offer an existing investor?  How would hiring you make my (or another investor's) life easier / more efficient / etc? What skills and experience do you have?

    No one is going to hire you because you need to make a change.  Someone may hire you if you have something to offer.

     Understood.  10 years experience in a finance accounts payable department.  Perhaps outright working for a investor is not the immediate solution.  It may turn out that I get employment starting out in one of the traditional RE fields like an agent so I can learn the market before I start investing.  The original post was written out of emotion.  I will make the most sound and logical decision for myself regardless of circumstances.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.