Looking for Advice on Pricing a Unique Hotel/Motel Property

Looking for Advice on Pricing a Unique Hotel/Motel Property

Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes

A few years ago, I purchased an old hotel/motel property with four separate buildings. I’ve since fully remodeled the old motel rooms, which now include a mix of studio, one-bedroom, and a couple of two-bedroom units.

Right now, I’m bringing in around $19,000/month in rental income.

• Property taxes and insurance run me about $16,000/year.

• Utilities are averaging about $3,000/month.

One of the buildings is an older house that was part of the original motel setup.(1930s) It’s partially remodeled and has new wiring, but it still needs quite a bit of rehab. It definitely has potential, but I just don’t have the interest or time to finish it.

I’ve had someone ask me a couple of times if I’d be willing to sell, and while I’m open to it, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to price a property like this. It’s unique, and I’m not sure how to properly value the income side versus the rehab needed for the house.

0Reply
26 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    @Patrick Martin Hey there! Has anyone made you an actual offer for the property?

  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    No I haven't... Just one serious inquiry (has purchased property from me before) and a couple asking "If Id be interested in selling"

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Patrick Martin:

      No I haven't... Just one serious inquiry (has purchased property from me before) and a couple asking "If Id be interested in selling"

      @Patrick Martin How many total units are there? What zip code is this in? Do you have any Section 8/Voucher tenants? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.