Tampa Neighborhoods Recommendations

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2019 · 320 posts · 182 votes
    1y

    What is your buy box?  

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 630 posts · 303 votes
    1y

    @Tal Taieb

    Hello!!!! I am investor agent here in the Tampa area. I have been here for 7 years and have seen many areas come up and be great and profitable investments. Outside of Tampa Saint Petersburg, Clearwater and New Port Richie are all good as well. Right now you can get some deals near the beaches from damaged homes and could really come out with a lucrative ROI. It all really depends on what your buy box is and what your comfort level is. I am happy to help!!!!!

  • Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
    Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    1y

    @Tal Taieb really depends on your price point. @Josh Green is a local investor and agent. I'm sure he can share some good information with you! 

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi!

    Thanks for replying, 

    My buybox is 250-300k,

    I would love to make a call and see how can we find some deal :)

    Thanks

    Tal.T

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Obed Calixte:

    What is your buy box?  


     250-300k

  • Real Estate Agent · St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2019 · 320 posts · 182 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tal Taieb:
    Quote from @Obed Calixte:

    What is your buy box?  


     250-300k


    Solely on price, there are areas that can be fits

    Tampa: south of Gandy - South Tampa, Suphur Springs, near University, 

    St Pete: Childs Park & surrounding areas, Gulfport, South St Pete, Euclid Heights and areas west of 275

    Largo 

    You only provided price, which is a small part of buy box. I recommend spending time (if you havent already) considering the type of property, rehab required, exit strategy and level of involvement in management  - amongst other factors.

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    @Obed Calixte

    Thank you for the info Obed!

    And you are right I missed important details:

    - I'm looking to buy & hold single-family houses that need repairs. an exit strategy is to sell after increasing the equity of the property.

    - I gonna do it as a full-time job; I am thinking about refinancing the properties and keep buying.

    - 250-300k 

    Do you also have additional recommendations about the greater Tampa area?

    Thanks a lot !

  • Jorge VazquezBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
    1y

    Hi Tal,

    In my 20 years investing in Tampa, I’ve learned that finding areas with strong cash flow potential makes all the difference. Some top spots in the city to consider are Seminole Heights, West Tampa, East Tampa, and the University area near USF. For suburbs, Riverview, Brandon, and Lakeland are growing quickly, while Thonotosassa and Clair-Mel stand out as affordable options with solid returns.

    These are just a few ideas to get started. Let me know if you want to explore more—I’m here to help!

    Jorge

    Graystone Investment Group4.6271 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Jorge Vazquez:

    Hi Tal,

    In my 20 years investing in Tampa, I’ve learned that finding areas with strong cash flow potential makes all the difference. Some top spots in the city to consider are Seminole Heights, West Tampa, East Tampa, and the University area near USF. For suburbs, Riverview, Brandon, and Lakeland are growing quickly, while Thonotosassa and Clair-Mel stand out as affordable options with solid returns.

    These are just a few ideas to get started. Let me know if you want to explore more—I’m here to help!

    Jorge

    Hi Jorge! Thanks for the info, sent you my details lets have a chat
  • Zach KiddPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 148 votes
    1y

    At that price point, I would focus on Condos. That market has slowed significantly, and the price points are much more attractive.

    That said, make sure you do your homework. A lot of it. 

    Condos can be tricky even to the well-informed.

    But there is definitely meat on those bones if you're willing to learn.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.