Looking to Network with like-minded investors.

Looking to Network with like-minded investors.

New to Real Estate · Las Vegas · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 22 votes

Hello, my name is Clarence Harvey, i have made a few posts on the forum before. I did want to reach out and see if anyone knows of any investor meetups or fairs in the cleveland--cuyahoga area. I am looking to start my real estate journey within the next year and would love to network and create connections in order to further my journey.

I will be house-hacking my first property by age 26 (I am 24) and looking to scale up relatively quickly, but getting an understanding from a network of investors would be amazing. If anyone wants to connect please let me know. i am also looking to engage in investor meet ups! 

3Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Wale LawalBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y

@Clarence Harvey

To start investing in real estate, join Real Estate Investor Associations (REIAs) like Greater Cleveland REIA and Akron-Canton REIA. Find meetups on platforms like Meetup.com, Eventbrite, and local events like Cuyahoga Land Bank Events. Join Facebook groups like Cleveland Real Estate Investors or Ohio House Hackers for upcoming events. Prepare your elevator pitch, engage online before attending, and ask questions to maximize networking. Utilize resources like Cuyahoga County Property Auctions and Cleveland's Neighborhood Progress to find distressed properties and track redevelopment trends. Building your network now will be beneficial as you scale.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua JanusBusiness Member
    Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Clarence Harvey:

    Hello, my name is Clarence Harvey, i have made a few posts on the forum before. I did want to reach out and see if anyone knows of any investor meetups or fairs in the cleveland--cuyahoga area. I am looking to start my real estate journey within the next year and would love to network and create connections in order to further my journey.

    I will be house-hacking my first property by age 26 (I am 24) and looking to scale up relatively quickly, but getting an understanding from a network of investors would be amazing. If anyone wants to connect please let me know. i am also looking to engage in investor meet ups! 


     Hey Clarence this is a great website that gets updated with local meetups

    https://sellvp.com/showup/

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 22 votes
    1y

    Thank You 

  • Developer · Cleveland / Akron, OH · Member since 2008 · 922 posts · 399 votes
    1y

    @Clarence Harvey There are a handful of regular meetups. Check meetup.com and also join all of the local FB groups for investors and you should see postings. Darian Thomas hosts a monthly one in Lakewood, Lokal has a monthly one at the Aviator, there is another at Market Garden on W25, and the Icon folks have one in Lakewood as well. There are a lot of pop up ones, one is tomorrow evening at Masthead brewery downtown.

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 22 votes
    1y

    Thank You! I will look into it 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Clarence Harvey:

    Hello, my name is Clarence Harvey, i have made a few posts on the forum before. I did want to reach out and see if anyone knows of any investor meetups or fairs in the cleveland--cuyahoga area. I am looking to start my real estate journey within the next year and would love to network and create connections in order to further my journey.

    I will be house-hacking my first property by age 26 (I am 24) and looking to scale up relatively quickly, but getting an understanding from a network of investors would be amazing. If anyone wants to connect please let me know. i am also looking to engage in investor meet ups! 


    I've done over $200 Million in investment deals, mostly in Cleveland. See below if you'd like to get some no B/S mentoring and coaching for an incredibly cheap price.

    ___
    ___
    ___


    CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED FOR AS LOW AS $4.99/MO

    - 1 on 1 Daily Coaching & Q&A with James Wise

    - 1 on 1 Weekly Coaching & Q&A with James Wise

    - Access to Seller Financed Single Family Houses

    - Access to Seller Financed Multi Family Properties

    - Access to Seller Financed Apartment Buildings

    - 15% off all HoltonWiseTV Merchandise For Life

    - Access to 1,000's of VIP Member Analysis videos


  • Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 340 posts · 215 votes
    1y

    Hi, yes there are a lot of training and seminars for investing in Ohio for investors. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 22 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Hi, yes there are a lot of training and seminars for investing in Ohio for investors. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks!


     Yes, I was wondering if there are any local meet ups (preferably in cleveland) I just want to meet others and prepare myself for my real estate journey within a year or so 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 209 posts · 79 votes
    1y

    Hey, you should look up Great Lakes REIA.

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Clarence Harvey:

    Hello, my name is Clarence Harvey, i have made a few posts on the forum before. I did want to reach out and see if anyone knows of any investor meetups or fairs in the cleveland--cuyahoga area. I am looking to start my real estate journey within the next year and would love to network and create connections in order to further my journey.

    I will be house-hacking my first property by age 26 (I am 24) and looking to scale up relatively quickly, but getting an understanding from a network of investors would be amazing. If anyone wants to connect please let me know. i am also looking to engage in investor meet ups! 


    Hi Clarence! You can also check REI Facebook groups for Cleveland. They post investor meetups there. I started with a house hack myself when I moved from Portland OR to Columbus OH. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 22 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jimmy Lieu:
    Quote from @Clarence Harvey:

    Hello, my name is Clarence Harvey, i have made a few posts on the forum before. I did want to reach out and see if anyone knows of any investor meetups or fairs in the cleveland--cuyahoga area. I am looking to start my real estate journey within the next year and would love to network and create connections in order to further my journey.

    I will be house-hacking my first property by age 26 (I am 24) and looking to scale up relatively quickly, but getting an understanding from a network of investors would be amazing. If anyone wants to connect please let me know. i am also looking to engage in investor meet ups! 


    Hi Clarence! You can also check REI Facebook groups for Cleveland. They post investor meetups there. I started with a house hack myself when I moved from Portland OR to Columbus OH. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.


     Sweet I’d absolutely like to connect and ask questions about your process and just gain knowledge necessary!

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    @Clarence Harvey

    To start investing in real estate, join Real Estate Investor Associations (REIAs) like Greater Cleveland REIA and Akron-Canton REIA. Find meetups on platforms like Meetup.com, Eventbrite, and local events like Cuyahoga Land Bank Events. Join Facebook groups like Cleveland Real Estate Investors or Ohio House Hackers for upcoming events. Prepare your elevator pitch, engage online before attending, and ask questions to maximize networking. Utilize resources like Cuyahoga County Property Auctions and Cleveland's Neighborhood Progress to find distressed properties and track redevelopment trends. Building your network now will be beneficial as you scale.

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.