Looking for a NYC Broker with Strong Training and Mentorship

Looking for a NYC Broker with Strong Training and Mentorship

New York City · Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I recently passed my real estate salesperson exam in NYC, and I'm now looking for a brokerage to join. I’m particularly interested in a firm that offers strong training, mentorship, and support for new agents to help me get started on the right foot.

If anyone has recommendations or insights on brokerages in NYC that prioritize agent development, I’d love to hear your experiences!

Thanks in advance for any advice or referrals!

Best,
Satrohan

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    NYC is a bit of a hard call for brokerages. If you want in-person training and opportunities to find mentors, you want to avoid cloud brokerages like eXp and Real and look to bigger boxes like Keller Williams (you will leave in a year after you use up all the training) or Compass. If you are weighing fees also though, those brokerages cost a lot more and have way worse splits.

  • Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

    NYC is a bit of a hard call for brokerages. If you want in-person training and opportunities to find mentors, you want to avoid cloud brokerages like eXp and Real and look to bigger boxes like Keller Williams (you will leave in a year after you use up all the training) or Compass. If you are weighing fees also though, those brokerages cost a lot more and have way worse splits.

    I was at KW years ago.  High fees, marginal splits and the training promised wasn't given unless I paid move $$$ for the training. I'd recommend starting with a small indie brokerage if you need support.  A new agent isn't getting that at KW or C21 in my opinion and experience.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.