Investor with rentals in Indiana

Investor with rentals in Indiana

Rob GangemiPro Member
Investor · Pacifica, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hi, 

I am a part time investor, with a couple of rentals in Indiana and a business partner.    My regular job is a freelance Chief Information Security Officer.  If you need any Cybersecurity or IT help, feel free to contact me.   

I am looking to do more investing, as it is a lot less stressful than being a CISO !     This job is like herding cats ! ! 

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Julio GonzalezPro Member
Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Rob! 

You came to the right place to learn more about real estate investing!

-Julio

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Rob,

    Great state to buy REI in Indy as it offers a lot of dynamite locations where you can still get a low cost SFR or MFH. I do a lot of business with Beau Matlock he owns and operates "The Matlock Group" just outside Carmel. A lot of my CA investors have been looking in Indianapolis and he has helped them find a great cash flow property.

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Rob, 

    Welcome to BP! What types of strategies are you looking to expand into (STRs, LTRs, flips, BRRRRs, etc)? Happy to connect and help where I can. 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Rob! 

    You came to the right place to learn more about real estate investing!

    -Julio

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    im in indy and would love to connect

  • Member since 2024 · 92 posts · 43 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rob Gangemi:

    Hi, 

    I am a part time investor, with a couple of rentals in Indiana and a business partner.    My regular job is a freelance Chief Information Security Officer.  If you need any Cybersecurity or IT help, feel free to contact me.   

    I am looking to do more investing, as it is a lot less stressful than being a CISO !     This job is like herding cats ! ! 




    Hey there,

    Nice to meet a fellow investor with properties in Indiana! I totally understand the appeal of real estate investing being less stressful compared to the world of cybersecurity—especially as a CISO. Herding cats is a perfect analogy!

    Indiana is a great market with a lot of potential for expanding your portfolio. If you're looking to dive deeper into the Indy market, especially multi-family properties, I’d love to connect. My focus is on new construction duplexes in Indianapolis, which have been a solid investment with strong rental demand.

    Also, I might take you up on that offer for IT help someday—always good to have a cybersecurity expert in the network!

    Let’s connect and see how we can help each other out.

    Best,
    Ryan Cheek


  • Rob GangemiPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Pacifica, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @River Sava:

    Hi Rob, 

    Welcome to BP! What types of strategies are you looking to expand into (STRs, LTRs, flips, BRRRRs, etc)? Happy to connect and help where I can. 


     Hi River, mostly LTR for now.  - Rob

  • Rob GangemiPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Pacifica, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ryan Cheek:
    Quote from @Rob Gangemi:

    Hi, 

    I am a part time investor, with a couple of rentals in Indiana and a business partner.    My regular job is a freelance Chief Information Security Officer.  If you need any Cybersecurity or IT help, feel free to contact me.   

    I am looking to do more investing, as it is a lot less stressful than being a CISO !     This job is like herding cats ! ! 




    Hey there,

    Nice to meet a fellow investor with properties in Indiana! I totally understand the appeal of real estate investing being less stressful compared to the world of cybersecurity—especially as a CISO. Herding cats is a perfect analogy!

    Indiana is a great market with a lot of potential for expanding your portfolio. If you're looking to dive deeper into the Indy market, especially multi-family properties, I’d love to connect. My focus is on new construction duplexes in Indianapolis, which have been a solid investment with strong rental demand.

    Also, I might take you up on that offer for IT help someday—always good to have a cybersecurity expert in the network!

    Let’s connect and see how we can help each other out.

    Best,
    Ryan Cheek



  • Rob GangemiPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Pacifica, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Hi Ryan,  I might be interested in some multi family, just do not have a time frame yet on this.   Rob

  • Tyler LingleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
    2y

    Hi Rob, we should definitely get on a call. Indianapolis is a very newcomer friendly investing location. We have a booming diversified economy with low unemployment, yet remain a very affordable metro with a median price under $300,000 in the city. Cash flow is possible! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 65 posts · 24 votes
    2y

    Hey there Rob, Love the push to continue down the path of investment real estate. We specilize in flips and rentals in Indianapolis and get about 8 different properties a month. Would love to connect and see what you looking for and get you some more investments!

  • Lender · Ellington, CT · Member since 2024 · 210 posts · 103 votes
    2y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! What types of investments are you looking to get started with?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.