Property Manager in Kansas City, MO area

Kansas City, MissouriWantProfessionalsProperty Manager
Classifieds

Property Manager in Kansas City, MO area

Milpitas, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I recently purchased property in KC, MO and looking for recommendations for property manager. Any leads ?

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
1y

Hi Jason, I'm looking for a handyman in KC and would love to connect. I'll dm you. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City Metro · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Is it a single family or some kind of multifamily like a duplex or larger?

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    @Karna Reddy

    Recommend exploring as many sources as possible to get referrals AND cross-reference them to get as much accurate information as possible.

    Check out NARPM.com, BP’s Property Manager Finder (BiggerPockets: The Real Estate Investing Social Network), etc.

    Also, encourage you to learn from the mistakes of others - by reading posts here on BiggerPockets about owners not having their expectations met by their current Property Management Company.

    To avoid going through the same poor experience, keep reading.

    Even if someone gives you a referral here, do NOT make the mistake of assuming that the PMC will meet your expectations, just because they met the expectations of the referral source.

    In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make when selecting a Property Management Company (PMC) is ASSUMING instead of CONFIRMING.

    It's often a case of not doing enough research, as they don't know what they don't know!

    Owners mistakenly ASSUME all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, so price is the only differentiator – so, they often select the first PMC they call or that calls them back!

    So, the first question they usually ask a PMC is about fees - instead of asking about services and HOW those services are executed.

    EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!

    This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.

    The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!

    A well written management contract should clearly spell out what is expected of both the PMC and the owner, to PROTECT both and avoid misunderstandings. Why do you think purchase contracts are so long and have such small print?

    We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.

    EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!

    P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊

    Logical Property Management4.9453 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Happy to refer a couple

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 96 posts · 82 votes
    2y

    Hi Karna, I own a handyman/remodeling company in the Kansas City area and work with a lot of the property management companies around here. I am happy to give you some information on which ones I like and which manager I personally use if you want to send me a DM!!

    Jason

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Hi Jason, I'm looking for a handyman in KC and would love to connect. I'll dm you. 

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Awesome! I would love to help in anyway i can. Looking forward to hearing from you!

    Thanks

    Jason

    True North Property Maintenance

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    I sent you a message/connect request. Did you receive it?

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Kim,

    I did not see anything on my end as far as a message or anything..

    jason

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jason Waldo:

    Kim,

    I did not see anything on my end as far as a message or anything..

    jason

    I just sent another request to connect message.

    Kim


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.