Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Dan Powers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Point Breeze High End Flip

Dan Powers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $180,000
Cash invested: $130,000
Sale price: $430,000

My investor just closed on this property in Point Breeze, right off 22nd and Washington this pocket is hot with and new construction and rehabs. My investor plans on making this a luxury 2/2.5. Traditionally more bedrooms = more value, in south Philly the 3rd bedroom can often be super small and it makes more sense to add additional sqft to the master suite and therefore 2 beds trade at similar prices to 3 beds. Expecting a sale price north of 400k and a turn around time of 2-3 months!

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

What made my investor interested in this deal was how far north in Point Breeze this property was. Traditionally you find a lot of inventory south of Reed st that you can buy for 150-165k and sell for 350-380k. Being just off Washington Ave offered a higher sale value compared to other homes in the pocket. On top of that being already in shell condition helped the rehab budget by cutting down on demo work.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

This was sold at a first come first serve basis and my investor bought it sight unseen. Sourced through New Western.

How did you finance this deal?

This deal was purchased with cash.

How did you add value to the deal?

Value is being added by completely gutting the house and adding all new mechanicals (HVAC, plumbing, electric) as well as cosmetics (kitchens, baths, paint, floors) He is going to transform this into a luxury 2/2.5 with a high end master suite with walk in closet and master bath

What was the outcome?

The outcome is going to be a fantastic freshly rehabbed property in a pocket that is not overly saturated with inventory.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Only challenge we had was needing to extend 1 week to clear up a title issue.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Dan Powers - New Western