Recommendations for Realtors who Specialize in Affordable Housing

Recommendations for Realtors who Specialize in Affordable Housing

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 5 votes

I'm an out of state investor considering the Pittsburgh, PA market.

I focus on affordable housing and want to expand to an additional market; Pittsburgh. I'm looking for an experienced realtor who specializes in, and is passionate about affordable housing in the ~$80k-$125k range for SFHs. Ideally someone that's been operating in the area for a long time and really understands their area.

If "turnkey" exists in Pittsburgh I'll buy those, but usually do rehab + refinances since turnkey isn't realistic in my current market with numbers that make sense.
I'll also do the occasional flip.

I have a few properties in 5 different states, but transitioned out of STRs in January and into LTRs, and want to expand into a higher cash flowing market than my current area in South Carolina.

Would really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

2Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2019 · 365 posts · 264 votes
2y

@Steve Roger Memphis is a great market as well that's affordable, still cash flowing and landlord friendly. Best of luck on the journey! 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Steve Roger:

    I'm an out of state investor considering the Pittsburgh, PA market.

    I focus on affordable housing and want to expand to an additional market; Pittsburgh. I'm looking for an experienced realtor who specializes in, and is passionate about affordable housing in the ~$80k-$125k range for SFHs. Ideally someone that's been operating in the area for a long time and really understands their area.

    If "turnkey" exists in Pittsburgh I'll buy those, but usually do rehab + refinances since turnkey isn't realistic in my current market with numbers that make sense.
    I'll also do the occasional flip.

    I have a few properties in 5 different states, but transitioned out of STRs in January and into LTRs, and want to expand into a higher cash flowing market than my current area in South Carolina.

    Would really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!



    G'Day Steve,

    Feeling like a broken record here as "Ohio" has had the $#%@ spammed out of it on this forum.

    But what the heck hehe.

    Check out Ohio lol

    Low entry

    High cashflow

    Landlord friendly

    Decent blue collar working class folks as tenants that won't trash the property and that are sophisticated enough to make online payments.

    Just my biased opinion lol

    Wishing you much success
  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2019 · 365 posts · 264 votes
    2y

    @Steve Roger Memphis is a great market as well that's affordable, still cash flowing and landlord friendly. Best of luck on the journey! 

  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I like Ohio for the cash flowing SFHs

  • Member since 2024 · 41 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    Steve, 80-125k for a SFH in Pittsburgh can get you into a lot of different areas around the city, as long as you are also willing to put some work into the homes. We come across turnkey rentals every once in a while, but they probably wouldn't work with your price range. It really depends on the area that you're looking into, but there's plenty of Section 8 housing options all around the city. Would be happy to connect and talk more about your goals!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.