Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Vivan Bhalla
Votes |
Looking for wholesale deals in philly

Vivan Bhalla
Posted Apr 10 2024, 11:56

Hi,

I am looking for wholesale deals in Philly area. I am going to use hard money lending. Is there any wholesaler who has good deals and can help me out?

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Stuart Udis
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Replied Apr 10 2024, 14:19

If you are qualifying deals based on whether they are "wholesale" or even "off market", you are going to miss out on opportunities. In the past 6 months I purchased two properties on the MLS that appraised at time of settlement for at least $300,000 more than the contract price. I probably receive 100 emails a week from wholesalers and not one has sent me an opportunity that compares.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Greenberg
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Apr 14 2024, 06:42

Agreed with Stuart. Dont get hung up on finding an ‘off market deal' just because folks talk about them. Also recognize they can be a tougher deal vs a MLS property as you may deal with wholesalers not being truthful/title issues/etc as well as usually needing cash or hard-money in a very short time frame.

Ie it sounds great but can also get you into trouble if you don’t really know what you’re doing. 

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Alan Asriants
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Apr 25 2024, 10:02

Eric and Stuart bring good points. 

Many "off market" deals are carried by people who are not licensed professionals looking to just close a deal and push it onto you. Not saying there aren't deals out there, but the getting "burnt" rate is much higher

A buddy of mine was recently trying to buy a home through a wholesaler who was trying to sell him a deal with title issues. Luckily he used my trusted title company who did not insure the deal. 

he kept trying to push my friend to use his title company who could "clear" this big red flag of an issue. 

Not all wholesalers are like this, but as mentioned above, don't buy into the hype. Reach out to an expert realtor who is focused on building relationships and has investment experience. Get on a wholesaler list, and even ask the trusted realtor to evaluate the deal. Paying a realtor a sum of money to represent you on the transaction is nothing compared to what kind of costs you could get roped into! 

• Real Estate Agent New Jersey (#2323863) and Pennsylvania (#RS3399189)

• 267-767-0111
  • [email protected]
Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate  Logo