Looking for Lawyer and Accountant recommendations

Looking for Lawyer and Accountant recommendations

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote

My wife and I have bought our first STP and are now in the stage of setting up the business. I am looking for an attorney/legal service that can help us set up the property under an LLC as well as create a trust as we will be putting multiple assets under that. I'm hoping for someone that can help us start out and it isn't extremely expensive. We are also looking for an accountant that can help us as well as we will probably will like to do a cost segregation in the near term and would like to maximize our deductions for this first year. I am located in Raleigh NC so would prefer in state recommendations if possible. Thank you to anyone that can provide guidance as we start our journey in real estate investment!

1Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Here's an article with additional FAQs on cost segregation studies that you may find helpful. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/1113749-cost-segregation-faq

  • Accountant · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 552 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Julian Andres Oliveros Soto:

    My wife and I have bought our first STP and are now in the stage of setting up the business. I am looking for an attorney/legal service that can help us set up the property under an LLC as well as create a trust as we will be putting multiple assets under that. I'm hoping for someone that can help us start out and it isn't extremely expensive. We are also looking for an accountant that can help us as well as we will probably will like to do a cost segregation in the near term and would like to maximize our deductions for this first year. I am located in Raleigh NC so would prefer in state recommendations if possible. Thank you to anyone that can provide guidance as we start our journey in real estate investment!


    If i could chime in and help in the search:

    be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.

    The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.

    Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.

    Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.