Seeking a Real Estate Investment Mentor

Houston, TexasWantEducationMentor
Classifieds

Seeking a Real Estate Investment Mentor

Phil AveryPro Member
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2023 · 79 posts · 47 votes

Hello fellow real estate investors,

I'm writing this post with a sense of determination and passion, keen to make my mark in the fascinating world of real estate investing. 

Currently, I am an aspiring investor and agent, deeply engrossed in my real estate license studies, and preparing to take that crucial step into the investment arena within the next six months.

Despite the wealth of information available at our fingertips today, I firmly believe that there's no substitute for personal experience and wisdom. Thus, I am on the lookout for a genuine mentor who has navigated the waters of real estate investing and would be willing to help guide an eager learner like myself.

I am open to exploring a diverse range of asset classes, including Single-Family Residences (SFR), Multi-Family Residences (MFR), as well as Buy and Hold, and Rehab and Refinance strategies.

In terms of geographical focus, while I am based in Houston, Texas, I am not constrained to my local area and am open to the prospect of long-distance investing. I am well aware that opportunity can be found in many corners and am willing to venture out of my comfort zone under the right guidance.

Although I am seeking mentorship, I firmly believe in the principle of reciprocal value. I come with a diverse range of skill sets which I am willing to offer in gratitude and in order to provide value for your time and assistance. Whether it be assistance with technology, research, analysis, marketing or even field-specific tasks, I am more than willing to contribute to a mutually beneficial relationship.

I am eager to learn, unafraid to work hard, and promise to be a dedicated mentee. I have a deep respect for the field and understand that patience, diligence, and resilience are key to success. With your guidance, I am confident that I can turn my ambition into reality, while also providing value to you and our broader real estate community.

If you are interested in exploring this mentoring opportunity, or if you know someone who might be, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly or reply to this thread. I would greatly appreciate any leads, advice, or insights you might have to offer.

Thank you for considering my request. I am looking forward to engaging with all of you more and, hopefully, to beginning a fruitful mentor-mentee relationship in the near future.

Best Regards,

Phil Avery

3Reply
4 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 975 votes
3y

@Phil Avery I'm originally from Houston but currently live in San Diego. I've done a lot of out-of-state investing (Florida, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin) and I'm happy to jump on a call and see if theres a way I can provide value to you. My calendly link is on my profile. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melissa HaworthBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · The Panhandle | The Emerald Coast | Panama City Beach | Destin · Member since 2017 · 257 posts · 100 votes
    3y

    Hey there Phil!

    Welcome to the journey. I'm excited to see where this takes you. 

    As for a real estate investing coach, I would highly recommend @JD Monroe! He has been my rock these last few years as I've grown. 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 975 votes
    3y

    @Phil Avery I'm originally from Houston but currently live in San Diego. I've done a lot of out-of-state investing (Florida, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin) and I'm happy to jump on a call and see if theres a way I can provide value to you. My calendly link is on my profile. 

  • Phil AveryPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2023 · 79 posts · 47 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Melissa Haworth:

    Hey there Phil!

    Welcome to the journey. I'm excited to see where this takes you. 

    As for a real estate investing coach, I would highly recommend @JD Monroe! He has been my rock these last few years as I've grown. 


     Many thanks for your recommendation! Wishing you continued success in your journey as well as the Podcast!

  • Phil AveryPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2023 · 79 posts · 47 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Doug Spence:

    @Phil Avery I'm originally from Houston but currently live in San Diego. I've done a lot of out-of-state investing (Florida, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin) and I'm happy to jump on a call and see if theres a way I can provide value to you. My calendly link is on my profile. 


     Hey Doug, Sounds like we swapped lives. lol. Originally from California and lived in San Diego a number of years, now residing in Texas. 
    Thanks for reaching out. I really appreciate it. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 130 posts · 66 votes
    3y

    Hi Phil, I was in a similar position as you once. I'd be happy to jump on a call and talk through things with you if you'd like. If you are interested, DM me and let's connect

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    lol, I'm another San Diego <-> Houston guy. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 200 votes
    3y

    Just want to say that there are people investing in Houston from as far as northern Canada. You don’t need to invest out of town, and definitely not out of state. Houston is a good market!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.