Good property manager in Sacramento area

Good property manager in Sacramento area

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Hi BP friends,

Do you have recommendations for any good property manager to manage 2-4 unit properties. 

I have been with my current property manager for 3 months now and haven't had a great experience so far. 

Cheers

1Reply
5 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2023 · 101 posts · 77 votes
    3y

    Sorry you're in a tough situation. I don't have anyone in mind to refer you to, but I might suggest having a frank conversation with your pm asap about your problems. Perhaps they're fixable? 3 months may be too soon to draw conclusions, as in my experience it takes about that long to iron out all the onboarding details anyway. Also, what specifically makes you think you'll have a better experience with the next one? Not trying to call you out, but rather help you avoid whatever issues you're having in the future. Good luck out there my friend.

  • DJ DawsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 394 posts · 259 votes
    3y

    John Tiner - 916-402-3095 - they PM over 150+ units in the area and have done right by me 

  • Victor BaqueroPro Member
    Investor · Sacramento · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    3y

    PCH Property management - I've used them for the past 10 years for multiple properties. They've done a good job, affordable rates and tenants have very positive reviews about their experience dealing with PCH. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @DJ Dawson:

    John Tiner - 916-402-3095 - they PM over 150+ units in the area and have done right by me 

    Thanks Dawson. Tiner is one of the options I am exploring. Do you have your own vendors (handyman, gardener, etc) or do you rely on tiner? I noticed there is a big difference in prices. 
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan Brown:

    Sorry you're in a tough situation. I don't have anyone in mind to refer you to, but I might suggest having a frank conversation with your pm asap about your problems. Perhaps they're fixable? 3 months may be too soon to draw conclusions, as in my experience it takes about that long to iron out all the onboarding details anyway. Also, what specifically makes you think you'll have a better experience with the next one? Not trying to call you out, but rather help you avoid whatever issues you're having in the future. Good luck out there my friend.


     They don't seem to really look into how their vendors are charging for some repairs. I have few vendors who are reasonably priced but if I get into the maintenance handling part, I wonder what value the PM is adding beyond just collecting rent and paying my bills. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.