Real Estate CPA - Remote

Real Estate CPA - Remote

Investor · Redmond, WA · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone,

I am a rookie real estate investor and bought my first two properties in MO in 2020. In addition to this, my husband and I have our W2 incomes coming in (he works in CA and I work in WA). Given our situation, I've the following questions regarding our tax situation.

1. Would a RE CPA be able to help us in filing our income taxes as well?

2. As you can see, we have our incomes coming in from 3 different states in the US. What kind of a CPA and specific to what location do I look for while choosing my CPA to file my taxes?

3. My husband and I were stuck outside the US for almost 9 months in 2020 due to COVID travel restrictions. Would this impact our taxes in anyway?

4. Please share the contact of a great CPA that you might know of, who might be able to help us out with our complicated situation. 


Thank you in advance! 

1Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Chandrika Vasudevan

    There are several tax experts who specialize working with real estate investors who can help you. Take a look at the names of top contributors on the right, all of them are very knowledge: @Michael Plaks, @Eamonn McElroy, @Ashish Acharya

  • Investor · Redmond, WA · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko, thank you so much for the tip. I will reach out to them! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi @Chandrika Vasudevan congrats on your first two investment properties!  You definitely want to work with a RE CPA and most of us have multi state experience so that shouldn't be a problem. Your situation is fairly straight forward so I'd be happy to help in any way that I can. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.