Finding a Real Estate CPA vs Referral (in Atlanta)

Finding a Real Estate CPA vs Referral (in Atlanta)

Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I was wondering how much of a difference you guys have seen in terms of searching for a CPA yourself or working with a referral. I am an outside investor in a property in Atlanta, and therefore do not have much of a social circle to rely on for referrals in the area.

Thank you!

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @David Grant and welcome to BiggerPockets!

    I believe getting referrals from other investors who have already found a great CPA is the only smart way to go! If nothing else, you should add these professionals to your short list for serious consideration.

    Whenever I enter a new market, getting referrals from experienced locals is my first order of business.

  • Accountant · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @David Grant

    The best way to get a local professional is to ask for a referral from business contacts in your area.  If you haven't built up a network yet, there are a good many CPAs active on this sub-forum.  I would read a few posts of each, see who you get value from, and reach out.

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @David Grant

    Are you open to working with an accountant remotely?

    I would prioritize finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local.
    There are 20+ accountants on this message board who specialize in real estate taxation. Feel free to reach out to a couple and use the one you connect with the most.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.