Public Eviction Notices in Denver Colorado (looking for a list)

Public Eviction Notices in Denver Colorado (looking for a list)

Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Does anyone know how to get a hold of eviction notices in Denver, Colorado? I went to the courthouse today and couldn't find any sort of list.

0Reply
33 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Ashley Levy what you found is correct. There is no published list for any cities, or counties in Colorado that I am aware of. Some areas in other states publish the data but not here.

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    7y

    @Ashley Levy I'm curious. If you found such a list how would you use it? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2019 · 57 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    look for the court proceedings for each county.  It will list the unlawful detainer, I use this information to gauge how good a property management company is at placing good tenants.  If there are a lot of evictions, I ask them (the property management company) about it.  This is a useful tool if you are looking for a property management company.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2019 · 57 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    I should also include that to get the proceedings, you will need to sign up for Nexis. 

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    Originally posted by @Teri Feeney Styers:

    @Ashley Levy I'm curious. If you found such a list how would you use it? 

    HI Teri - I would use this list to see if anyone who had the trouble of eviction would be wanting to sell their house or do seller financing options. Skiptrace and contact the owner. Does that answer your question?

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    7y

    @Ashley Levy - yep! I wonder if there is a way to reverse engineer that... Use COZY or some other resource to find a list of persons with evictions and then see where they were living... but maybe you need each individual's name in which case that wouldn't work. 

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    7y

    @Ashley Levy  I think you have a good strategy. Eviction leads aren't as competitive as other lead types and they do produce results. The main reason they aren't as competitive is because the lists aren't generally available in many areas. You might have to go to the courthouse and source the leads yourself, but I think it will pay off in the long run. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.