How do I receive cash back from seller after closing?

How do I receive cash back from seller after closing?

Investor · Clear Lake, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 7 votes
I am interested in purchasing a property that could use about $8000-$10,000 in cosmetic upgrades (change carpet for laminate, retexture and paint walls + ceiling, upgrade appliances, upgrade countertops to granite, upgrade kitchen+bathroom cabinets). How can I structure an offer offering full asking price but at closing the seller gives me back $10,000 cash? Is there another way to do this? I would be purchasing as a Owner Occupied primary and can put 20% down payment. Houston, TX.
0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Anything not on your purchase contract, and revealed to your lender would be mtg fraud.  You can get a repair credit or your closing cost paid by the seller.  There is a limit to this, ask your lender.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Hoffmann:
    I am interested in purchasing a property that could use about $8000-$10,000 in cosmetic upgrades (change carpet for laminate, retexture and paint walls + ceiling, upgrade appliances, upgrade countertops to granite, upgrade kitchen+bathroom cabinets).

    How can I structure an offer offering full asking price but at closing the seller gives me back $10,000 cash? Is there another way to do this?

    I would be purchasing as a Owner Occupied primary and can put 20% down payment. Houston, TX.

     Put the credit on the closing statement. I’ve done it 1000 times. Specifically to lower cash to close 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.