Websites for Taxes and Tax Advantages

Websites for Taxes and Tax Advantages

Accountant · Saint Charles, MO · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes

Quick Question. Anyone have any go to articles or links to understand real estate taxes and advantages. Ive googled my own sources but some seem to contradict one another and looking for something concrete. We are closing on a house shortly and I just want to be as informed as possible. Thanks. 

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · . · Member since 2017 · 173 posts · 84 votes
9y

@Megan Elmendorfthere's a book that has been recommended to me a few times here on BP, it's called "The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor" by Amanda Han. As soon as I'm finished reading "Rich Dad Poor Dad", I plan on reading that one. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · . · Member since 2017 · 173 posts · 84 votes
    9y

    @Megan Elmendorfthere's a book that has been recommended to me a few times here on BP, it's called "The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor" by Amanda Han. As soon as I'm finished reading "Rich Dad Poor Dad", I plan on reading that one. 

  • Accountant · Saint Charles, MO · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Allan Rosso That sounds like exactly what I need. Thank you

  • Investor · . · Member since 2017 · 173 posts · 84 votes
    9y

    Youre welcome @Megan Elmendorf

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, MO · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Megan Elmendorf

    Aren't you a CPA, shouldn't you know every little tax detail there is? HAHA I'm just kidding, I'm an accountant too and my friends always assume I know everything about tax even though I don't even work in tax. But yea, congrats on about to close on your first place. That's an awesome feeling to get the first deal done, great job! As for tax books, I haven't read any but I've read a few bigger pockets books and they are well written and easy to read so I would assume "The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor" is a good read. The only thing I would be worried about is it might be pretty basic information that wouldn't be beneficial if you have studied tax.  Sorry I'm not a huge help but I'll look into it and see what I can find. I wouldn't mind learning more about it too. If you have any questions let me know, I'm pretty new too and I love talking to other like minded people. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    @Amanda Han besides your book, which is on my reading list, any other great recommendations?

  • Amanda HanPro Member
    Accountant · Fullerton, CA · Member since 2009 · 106 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    Thank you @Allan Rosso for reading our book and for referring others to it! We hope you found it informative and wish you all the best with your real estate ventures. 

  • Investor · . · Member since 2017 · 173 posts · 84 votes
    9y

    @Amanda Han I haven't read it yet, but I definitely plan on it. Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.