Living trust in California with property in different counties

Living trust in California with property in different counties

Real Estate Agent · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 172 posts · 66 votes

I'm setting up a living trust.  If I have properties in multiple counties within California, can I record the trust in the county I live in and transfer the properties ot the trust in the counties where they are located?

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Laguna Hills, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    My husband and I own properties all over the US.  Our Living Trust was certified in CA, and then we quit claim deeded our investment properties into the trust.  We contacted the tax recorder in each county that properties were located in to file the quit claim.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.